Welcome to the inaugural G-Bar Trail Run, featuring a 29 mile Ultramarathon (ONE BIG LOOP) and Half Marathon (Smaller Loop) on the Grupe Family Ranch. The Grupe family has offered their 9,000 acres of private property to Pacific Coast Trail Runs so that our trail running community can enjoy a new place to run. G-Bar is named after the "Livestock Brand" for this ranch, and not named after Greg your race director who likes to serve open bars at his events. The history for this property is rich in cattle ranching, hunting, and outdoor education. Locals will tell you that they probably worked on the ranch as a teenager or young adult. The ranch also is home to the Grupe Ranch Airport. So, if you have a plane that can land on a half-mile runway, we would be happy to have you with permissions.
Your hosts for the weekend: Mark Grupe & Family. Greg Lanctot, Jennifer-Lopez Lanctot, Yaku Moton-Spruill & family, and Steve "Captain" Prior.
The Grupe Family History
The Grupe family has played an important role in the growth of Northern California since the Gold Rush. John Carsten Grupe came to California in search of gold in 1849. When mining proved less than lucrative, John established a successful freight line from Stockton to the Mother Lode. A portion of his farm, located in Linden and purchased in 1853, is still owned by Phyllis and Fritz Grupe. Since 1966, The Grupe Company has built award-winning single family communities. The company has created 12 master-planned communities and more than 50,000 homes in 35 cities nationwide.
Since its beginnings, the Company has demonstrated an extraordinary sensitivity for environmental concerns. The Grupe companies take great pride in creating environments throughout the United States in which nature and people can flourish together.
G-BAR Trail Run is a "Private Event":
- We are inviting 15,000 runners for 150 spots to this event.
- Shall you must attend this event and desire to be one of the invitees, please email greg at the trail portal dot com.
- All Entrants will be required to have an invitation and code to enter the event.
- The event will be capped at 150 runners (75 Ultramarathoners & 75 Half Marathoners).
- The Start & Finish Line will be staged on the airport runway at 1,625 feet of elevation.
- Each course will be a "loop course" design.
- 29 mile course is one big loop.
- Half Marathon is one half marathon loop.
- Both courses have been designed and will provide a very challenging race.
- Since the race is ON PRIVATE PROPERTY we will not be providing a map, gpx file, or turn-by-turn sheet AT THIS TIME. TBD later.
- I can tell you that I will provide an elevation chart on June 1st.
- The 29 miler is around 5,000 feet of elevation gain and will have a 9 hour time limit.
- The Half Marathon is around 3.000 feet of elevation gain and have a 7 hour time limit.
All Entrants to Receive:
- G-Bar Ultra & Half Marathon Trail Run - Technical Shirt by Green Layer
- Pacific Coast Trail Runs - Trucker Hat
- All finisher receive a unique wooden finisher medal by Trailblazer Awards (Made in the USA)
- All finishers may receive an "Age Group Announcement and Award" if qualified.
- Podium Award (Top Three Males & Top Three Females) if qualified.
- Chef Yaku Post Race Meal and Beverages presented by TRAEGER GRILLS.
- Free downloadable on-course professional photos of your Race.
- Free Parking
- From time to time we get some other free items from sponsors or partners.
- Epic airport runway start/finish line area atop this beautiful property to relax after your run and hang your trail running buddies.
Chef Yaku & Traeger Grills present - "THE PIG-OUT ON THE RUNWAY."
Yes, we will be smoking some wild boar to go along with some of Chef Yaku's post race grill. Chef may even be the one to catch it. For those sensitive to eating animals and story telling of hunting with crossbows or even guns, then this event may not be for you. We respect our "plant based/vegetarian/vegan" trail runners. We just need you to know that ranching and hunting has happened on this property over the years. We will continue to gladly serve 30% of our post-race meals as a plant based option.
INVITATIONS HAVE BEEN SENT OUT - Please check your email if you subscribed to our email list.
Email g r e g a t the trail p o rta l dot com for an invite.