GET YOUR RUCKS ON YOUR BACKS!!! RUCK IT OR RUN IT!! Join us Saturday, June 3 in Annapolis, MD for the Inaugural "Copper the Bloodhound's K9 Miler Ruck/Run" benefiting Chesapeake K9 Fund.
Rucking is simply walking while carrying a weighted rucksack, backpack or using a plate carrier. With that being said: this is your ruck, if you choose to accept it. For the K9 miler, you’re given your waypoints; you plan your route, then you’re off! There are no PT sessions; that’s not this event. It’s just you, your team, and the miles! But Beware, If you don’t lay out your route right, your miles will go up. (yes, we will be there to help you if you’re not familiar with the area) this course is set up to be a minimum of 9 miles. this is designed to let you see some great sights in Maryland’s capitol. Join us after the ruck for a family friendly after party. (location TBD)
WHAT TO BRING
· A rucksack aka backpack
· Ruck Plate = to your weight requirement (recommended). The winning team will have their weight verified. (Prizes will be announced)
o If you weigh >150 lbs. = 20 lb. Ruck Plate
o If you weigh < 150 lbs. = 10 lb. Ruck Plate
o Plate carries are also acceptable
· Reflective Bands (or equivalent) on your ruck/ back side
· First Aid Kit – for blisters and other boo-boos
· Photo ID and $20 cash just in case (like a beer at the after party)
· A good attitude, no one wants to ruck with Oscar the Grouch.
All Proceeds benefit Chesapeake K9 Fund. Chesapeake K9 Fund is a non-profit located in Annapolis, MD. We are an IRS-registered 501 (c) (3) organization raising support and awareness for first responder K9 units and their officers. www.chesapeakek9fund.org
All participants will receive a Ruck Patch. Thank you to our sponsors The John Hall Law Group, LLC and Pinnacle Properties