Carrera de los Muertos is a vibrant 5k run that honors Day of the Dead. Join family and friends to remember loved ones that have passed in this rich cultural tradition. You will experience a great sense of community through a little exercise, art, music and a lot of fun.
The Los Angeles event is located at historic Olvera Street.
What you can look forward to:
• Soft-Cotton t-shirts for all participants.
• Unique Finisher Medal for all participants.
• Post-Event Festival at El Pueblo / Olvera Street.
• Face Painting.
• Runners Altar to honor Los Muertos.
Event details and schedule
5k Fun Run:
The start line is in front of historic El Pueblo, the birthplace of Los Angeles. The course travels towards Chinatown and out towards Los Angeles Historic Park. After crossing the LA River, all participants return back to Olvera Street for Dia de los Muertos festival!
This event is also meant for competitors. The 5k fun run and competitors all start at the same time. Competitors are encouraged and prompted to start at the front of the race. Most importantly, to be considered for an Age Group Award and Overall Winner you must purchase a timing chip. Timing chips are available to purchase online during the registration process. There will be limited chips to purchase race morning.
- Age Group Winners that place in the top three of their age category will receive an award.
- Overall Winners that place in the top three of their gender will receive a unique award.
Race Day Schedule:
6:45 a.m. – Race Day Registration Opens
6:45 a.m. – Pick Up Bibs / T-Shirts
8:00 a.m. – 5k Start
10:00 a.m. – Awards and Enjoy the Festival
Packet Pick Up
Details to be announced in September 2016. Please check the race website.
Check out www.losmuertos5k.com for more details.
Produced by Generic Events