Inaugural Sweat For A Vet 5K 5K Run/Walk & Virtual Option
Saturday, June 1, 2024
3641 Hwy 17 Business
Murrells Inlet, SC 29576
Join us for the Inaugural Sweat For A Vet 5K Run/Walk hosted by the the Sons of the American Legion Post 178 in Murrells Inlet, SC! Or choose the virtual option and run/walk with us from your location! Runners and Walkers are all welcome! Our course begins and ends at the American Legion Post 178 with very few turns.
HONOR THOSE WHO CAME BEFORE US means The American Legion pays perpetual respect for all past military sacrifices to ensure they are never forgotten by new generations.
The Sons of The American Legion was created in 1932 as an organization within The American Legion. The SAL is made up of boys and men of all ages whose parents or grandparents served in the US military and became eligible for membership in The American Legion. Together, members of The American Legion, The American Legion Auxiliary and the Sons of The American Legion make up what is known as the Legion Family. All three organizations place high importance on preserving our American traditions and values, improving the quality of life for our nation's children, caring for veterans and their families, and perhaps most importantly, teaching the fundamentals of good citizenship.
Sons of The American Legion exists to honor the service and sacrifice of Legionnaires.
By participating in this event, you will join SAL members who have raised more than $9 million for The American Legion Child Welfare Foundation. SAL members have volunteered over 455,000 hours at veterans hospitals and raised over $1,600,000 for VA hospitals and VA homes.
The SAL continues to provide services to those in need in the LOCAL communities, through programs that include fundraising events such as this.
The sole purpose of this event is to help up continue providing support to our LOCAL children, military veterans and their families.
- 5K race begins at 7:00am
- Strollers, runners, and walkers are all WELCOME!
- No dogs allowed on race course
- No water stop on course
- Post race snacks and water available for participants
- Custom designed participant shirt
- Custom designed race bib
- Participant Medal
- Virtual race swag will be mailed within 2 weeks post race
- Registration is only available online
- Registration closes Saturday, June 1 at 6:30am
Packet Pickup Information:
- Saturday, June 1 from 5:30-6:45am at race start
- 5K Awards are by gun time
- Overall Male and Female 1,2,3 place
- Overall Masters Male and Female 1 place
- Age Groups Male and Female 1,2,3 place 0-10, 11-14, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80-up
Social Media/Contact Info:
- American Legion Post 178: https://sclegionpost178.org/index.php?id=1
- American Legion Post 178 FB page: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100089437671014