Get ready for an explosion of color during the Surviving the Color 5k run/walk! Be sure to dress in white and we'll make sure you leave covered in color!
Not a runner? That's OK! We are all about having a fun time not setting records!
This run benefits the organization Team of Mercy whom offers assistance to those left behind after an attempted or completed suicide. Each year Surviving the Color will be dedicated in memory to those lost in our local community to suicide.
All Participants will receive:
- An awesome Surviving the Color t-shirt*
- A custom Surviving the color bib# with your name printed on it**
- 8 total color stations where you will be drenched in color!
- Post-race food and refreshments
- A rocking post-race DJ concert!
* The t-shirt cut off is May 13th you must be registered by this date to receive an event t-shirt. Additional shirts available for $10 during registration.
** The cutoff date to have your name printed on the custom bib# is May 3rd. If you are running in memory of someone you can also choose to have their name printed on the bib#.
Children 8 & under can register for free and add a t-shirt for $10 if they would like one.
Race Day Parking will take place in the following areas:
- Baesler's Market Parking Lot
- Corporate Square - just north of Baesler's and they have a big parking lot which is right next to Baesler's lot
- Meadows Shopping Center - just west of Baesler's they have a huge lot participants can park in and walk over
Participants should plan to walk to the start line which is approximately 200 meters from Baesler's Market. After the event ends in Deming Park participants should plan to walk back to Baesler's which is just under a mile away from Deming Park.
Friday May 17th
- 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. - 1st Packet Pickup - Baesler's Market - 2900 Popular Street Terre Haute, IN 47803
Saturday May 18th
- 7:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. - Race Day Packet Pickup - Baesler's Market - 2900 Popular Street Terre Haute, IN 47803
- 8:40 a.m. - Pre-Race Ceremony - Intersection of Brown and Ohio
- 9:00 a.m. - 5k Race Start
- 9:30 a.m. - Food and Refreshments are available and Band Begins Playing!
If you would like a memorial banner in memory of someone you've lost to suicide placed along the route, please send your request to email@example.com. Please send a photo along with their name and birth/passing dates. Please have all requests submitted by April 30th. Even if you had a banner last year you will need to submit a new request for this year's event.
The event will start at 8:40 a.m. with an opening ceremony at the corner of Ohio and Brown.
You will then run/walk down Ohio to Deming Park. After 2 laps around the park and passing through tons of color stations you will end at the Deming Park Pavilion where participants will enjoy free snacks, refreshments, and a live band!
Check out photos from last year's fun filled event on Team of Mercy's facebook page:
There are no refunds for Surviving the Color due to the fact all funds go to a not-for-profit and many of the items are bought well in advance of the event date.