A Silicon Valley Thanksgiving Day Tradition!
Start Thanksgiving Day off on the right foot at the Applied Materials “Silicon Valley Turkey Trot”. Before the big games, the big meal, the parades and the pies, why not get in a little exercise with a few thousand neighbors? It’s an event the whole family will enjoy! Many have made the “run” or “walk” a Thanksgiving Day tradition.
You’ll also be giving “thanks” by helping Healthier Kids Foundation Santa Clara County, Housing Trust Silicon Valley, Second Harvest Food Bank of Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties, Second Harvest Food Bank of Santa Cruz County and The Health Trust. These charities provide families with their most basic needs for “health, hope, and a home.” The “Silicon Valley Turkey Trot”, founded and produced by the Silicon Valley Leadership Group Foundation, is now in its 12th year and the total amount given to charity has exceeded $5 million.
There are several events to choose from within the 5K and 10K runs and walks, along with a kids fun run. Elite runners, joggers, and walkers will enjoy the downtown San Jose course, which is flat, fast and flows through downtown neighborhoods and business areas.
When: November 24, 2016 Thanksgiving Morning
- 6:30 am: Race Day Packet Pick Up Opens (There will NOT be day of, on-site registration)
- 7:30 am: Elite Women sponsored by Silicon Valley Bank & PA/USATF Women sponsored by El Camino Hospital
- 7:45 am: Costume Contest sponsored by Virgin America & Mercury News
- 8:00 am: Elite Men’s sponsored by Amgen & PA/USATF Men sponsored by PG&E
- 8:25 am: 10K Wheelchair sponsored by Kaiser Permanente
- 8:30 am: Kids activities begin in Family Fun Zone sponsored by Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital
- 8:30 am: 10K Run
- 9:10 am: 5K Run/Walk sponsored by KLA Tencor
- 10:00 am: Elite Awards Ceremony (all “open” winners will receive their medals and gift cards by mail three weeks after the race)
- 10:30 am: Kid’s Fun Run sponsored by First 5 Santa Clara County (open to ages 2-7)
- 12:00 pm: Conclusion
Where: Downtown San Jose
- START: Santa Clara Street at Market Street
- FINISH: Santa Clara Street at Delmas Street
- FESTIVAL SITE: Guadalupe River Park / Arena Green
Why: In the past 11 years we have donated over $6 million to five local charities. This year, our goal is to donate $1,000,000 to the five awesome charities! Plus it’s a great way to start the day and get ready for a lot of eating at Thanksgiving dinner.
How: Participate by registering, volunteering or donating to the event. If you are registering, remember there are many categories you may qualify for and would be fun for you to possibly win a certain category. Check out our timed and non-timed categories for more information.