The Horseshoe Crab Hustle is brand new 5K Run & 1 Mile Walk hosted by Bethany Brewing Company to benefit the Delaware Center for the Inland Bays. The event begins and ends at Bethany Brewing Company and will primarily take place on the trails of Fresh Pond State Park. Registrants will not only enjoy a fall run/walk surrounded by the beauty of nature, but they will enjoy fresh brewed craft beers, tasty post-race fare, fresh shucked oysters, live music, raffles to benefit the Bays, and loads of fun all while supporting the mission of the Center to protect, restore, and preserve the Inland Bays. The Center will also have information tables about their various projects & programs, and you can learn all about how to 'get on board with the bays.'
- Bethany Brewing Company / 38450 Hickman Rd, Ocean View, DE 19970
- 4 pm - 6 pm, Saturday, 11/11/23 @ Bethany Brewing Company...38450 Hickman Rd, Ocean View, DE. 19970
- Race Day...7:30 am - 8:45 am, Sunday, 11/12/23 @ Bethany Brewing Company
- 1 MILE WALK...$25.00 per Race Registration
- 5K RUN...$40.00 per Race Registration
HOW TO REGISTER FOR A SEASHORE STRIDER EVENT
- ONLINE REGISTRATION through RUNSIGNUP here at this site."The easiest & most popular way to register for Seashore Strider events.
- MAIL-IN REGISTRATION...form can be downloaded from seashorestriders.com on the Horseshoe Crab Hustle race page. Please fill out the form completely & neatly, double checking Age, Gender, Entry Fee Price (some events have different fees) & Event Choice.
- Delaware Center for the Inland Bays
- Seashore Strider Event Production, Inc.
A little bit about Fresh Pond...
- The Prickly Pear Trail offers visitors a 3.5-mile loop perfect for exploring Fresh Pond and taking in scenic views of the Indian River Bay. The 8-foot-wide trail is open to hiking, bicycling, and seasonal horseback riding. The Fred Hudson Road Trail provides access from Fred Hudson Road through Fresh Pond to the Prickly Pear Trail. Connector trails at the north and south ends of Fresh Pond provide access to the southbound Route 1 bike and pedestrian lane.
- a mostly flat 3.5-mile loop trail to walk, bike, and on some trails, ride on horseback. The trail near the Hickman Road parking lot begins at about 8 feet wide and then narrows a little as you progress. There are connector trails as indicated on the map below. Also, there’s access from Fred Hudson Road and Route 1, but the only parking is in the lot at the Hickman Road trailhead.
Diverse habitats: woodland, meadow, and coastal wetlands
Side trails off the main trail to deer stands, used for hunting
As you begin the trail, you’ll see a sign with a QR (Quick Response) code that you can scan for a trail map. There are pins on that map that you can tap to get more information on an area.
- CLICK HERE TO SEE THE COURSE
- Timing will be done by the Seashore Strider Event Production team and will be using the Chronotrack B Chip system.
- Awards will be presented to the Overall Male & Female Champions, Overall Male & Female Masters (40+ yrs.), as well as the top three (3) Male & Female finishers in the following 10 year age categories: 9 & under, 10-13, 14-19, 20-29, then 10-year age groups through 70+. Awards will be presented during the post-race fun.
The Seashore Striders have a "No Refund" policy, however we make every possible attempt to please our client with the following options: 1. Transfer to a future Seashore Strider owned event of equal value before the end of the current year. 2. Donate your entry fee to the charity associated with the event or to the Seashore Strider Youth Running program. 3. Transfer/Defer to the following year at the same event. Thank You for your cooperation & understanding as some situations are beyond the control of the Seashore Striders.
- Mark Carter...Delaware Center for the Inland Bays
Tim Bamforth, Seashore Striders/Seashore Strider Event Production, Inc. email@example.com
SEASHORE STRIDER STORE