The Beast is back and better than ever! 10 miles, 30 obstacles, one goal – Barber Beast on the Bay promises a one-of-a-kind obstacle course race for an experience that you won’t forget. It’s the only event that combines natural and manmade obstacles with a location voted top in Pennsylvania!
Can you Beat the Beast? The Barber Beast on the Bay is set for Saturday, September 7, 2024, at Presque Isle State Park (USA Today’s ‘Best Pennsylvania Attraction’) in Erie, PA. Take on 10 miles of sand, water, and trails on the shores of Lake Erie as you run, jump, climb and crawl toward the finish line!
While you tackle the Beast, you’ll also be helping children and adults with autism, intellectual disabilities and behavioral health challenges who take on their own obstacles every day. This event supports the Barber National Institute and the 6,200 individuals we serve.
A one-mile adapted course is also offered for those ages 12+ with physical or intellectual disabilities at Waldameer, a theme park in Erie, PA next to Presque Isle State Park. The 10-Mile Course and Adapted Course come together for the final obstacles and all participants cross the finish line together!
Event details and schedule
2024 Barber Beast on the Bay - 9/7/2024
10-Mile Obstacle Course
220 Peninsula Drive
Erie, PA 16505
- Elite Wave for the intense 10-Mile Obstacle Course competitors who want to win! 8:30 a.m. ONLY
- Timed Waves for 10-Mile Obstacle Course participants who want to know their time to beat next year! 8:45 a.m., 9:00 a.m. or 9:15 a.m. waves ONLY
- Non Timed Waves for 10-Mile Obstacle Course participants who want to have fun! 9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- Join a Team to conquer this tough course together for any of the waves!
- Fundraise to get a free Barber Beast on the Bay registration and help a great cause! Sign up to fundraise for the Barber National Institute when you register for the 2024 Barber Beast on the Bay.
Participants must be 16 years of age by 9/7/24 to register.
Please Note: Participants must be registered by 8/1/24, to be guaranteed a t-shirt. If a participant registers after this date, we cannot guarantee a shirt will be available. Please choose your size carefully; shirt sizes cannot be changed once selected.
Please use a valid email address that you check often as we will send important announcements to that address. We cannot be responsible for information that a participant does not see due to an outdated address.
We cannot offer refunds under any circumstances; participants can transfer their registration until 8/21/24. If a registrant cannot participate or transfer their registration, their fee is considered a charitable donation to the Barber Foundation.