Join us in 2024 for our 9th Annual Gobble Wobble! RACE DAY IS THANKSGIVING DAY- (THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 28, 2024)
TBA-Forsyth County, GA
- 1K Kids Fun Run (The Kids Fun Run is reserved for kids 10 & under.)
5K participants will receive a crewneck sweatshirt and custom medal!
Kids Fun Run participants will receive a crewneck and a fun run medal.
ABOUT THE RACE:
Name: Thanksgiving Day Gobble Wobble
Distances: 5K & Kids 1K Fun Run (Virtual Option for 5K)
Date: Thursday, November 28, 2024
Location: TBA-Forsyth County
Contact: North GA Running Co. via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online registration will be available (if not sold out) through race morning.
- In-person registration will be available (if not sold out) at Big Peach Running Co. - Cumming & Big Peach Running Co. -Dawsonville until Wednesday, November 27th.
- On-site race day registration (if not sold out) will be available starting at 7:00 AM until 15 minutes before race start time. Please be prepared to log in to your RunSignUp account in order to register on-site on race day.
- Race day registration payments can be made in cash or with a credit card (no checks).
- Register early to take advantage of discounts and guarantee your shirt* and finisher medal!**
- Registrations for each event are limited and participants will not be able to register for an event once the cap is reached.
*Guaranteed t-shirt if registered by November 16th at 11:59 PM
**Guaranteed medal if registered by November 16th at 11:59 PM.
Packets for participants who registered for the virtual events will be mailed after November 30th if not picked up during packet pickup.
Any race packets for in-person runners that are not picked up during packet pickup or on race day will be donated unless you contact us prior to race day.
Race Day Schedule:
5K at 8:00 AM
1K at 9:15 AM
**5K runners will be staggered from fastest at the front to slower runners and walkers towards the back. Runners will be sent out in waves at two-minute intervals. The waves will be pre-assigned and your assigned Wave will be indicated on your race bib. We will have the start area sectioned off with signs to direct runners to their assigned Wave. We will also be making announcements prior to the start of the race to assist runners as to how they should line up. When lining up for this event, please position yourself in your assigned wave as indicated on your race bib (Wave A, Wave B, Wave C, etc.).
If you are running with a friend or family member who is assigned to a different Wave, you are welcome to start together in the later wave. Please don't move to an earlier Wave. Those with strollers should line up at the back of their assigned Wave. There will be chipped timing in use so your time DOES NOT start until you cross the start line.
Event will be held rain or shine.
AWARDS & EXTRAS
Overall masters male/female
1st, 2nd, 3rd place age group awards for 5K & 10K
***PLEASE NOTE THAT WE WILL NOT HAVE AN AWARD CEREMONY ON SITE POST GOBBLE WOBBLE. Overall and Age Group Awards will be at Big Peach Running Co. - Cumming beginning Friday, November 29th. If you are from out of town, please let us know via email (email@example.com) and we can mail it.
**Race officials may cancel, delay, or change the event if the event is considered not safe for the public**
Please check back for updates regarding this event as details are subject to change.
*Any items not picked up during packet pickup or on race day will be donated.*