2018 brings the 37th Donner Lake Triathlon (DLT) to Truckee California. For years the Donner Lake Triathlon has been and remains the favorite triathlon of many. It’s no wonder as the event features an epic setting, a beautiful and challenging course, and is located very near Truckee and North Lake Tahoe. 2016 also marks the 6th annual Donner Lake Kids Triathlon and the 4rd annual Donner Lake Half Triathlon. We welcome you to Truckee and North Lake Tahoe. Make sure to plan to stay prior to or after so that you can experience one of the World’s best sporting playgrounds.
The DLT is owned and operated by Big Blue Adventure, LLC. Big Blue Adventure produces many Human Powered Sports including the Lake Tahoe Triathlon, Tahoe Trail Running Series, Adventure Sports Week and others.
The Donner Lake Triathlon is sanctioned by USA Triathlon the National Governing Body of the sport of Triathlon. Our Race Director is USA Triathlon Certified.
Saturday July 21, 2018 events:
- Donner Lake Kids Triathlon
- Donner Lake SPRINT Triathlon
Sunday July 22, 2018 events:
- Donner Lake OLYMPIC Triathlon
- Donner Lake HALF Triathlon
- Donner Lake Aquabike
All scheduled activities are based at West End Beach/Donner Lake/Truckee, CA
Cut Off Times for the Half Distance Race
- Swim: 8:45AM 1 hour and 10 minutes after the final HALF swim wave start.
- Bike: 1:05 PM 5 hours and 30 minutes after the final HALF swim wave start.
- Run: 2:05 PM 2nd lap 6 hours and 30 minutes after the final HALF swim wave start.
- Run: 4:05 PM 8 hours and 30 minutes after the final HALF swim wave start.
- The race will officially end 8 hours and 30 minutes after the final HALF swim wave start at 4:05 PM
Important Packet Pickup Notes
ID is Required
- At registration, ALL athletes are required to show photo ID. Every single participant must have a photo ID, this includes all relay participants. Youth athletes without an ID must be accompanied by a parent/guardian with a photo ID.
- Annual USAT members are required to bring their membership card.
- Athletes may only pick up their own packets. Under no circumstances may an athlete pick up a packet for another person. Regarding relays, all relay members must be present to receive the packet, or split up the relay packet for each participant.
- If an athlete does not bring a photo ID to packet pickup they have two options:
- Find it
- Have someone fax them a copy of their photo ID
- If an athlete does not bring their USAT membership card to packet pickup they have three options:
- Find it
- Locate internet access where a temporary card can be printed
- Purchase a one-day membership for $12, which can later be applied to a membership renewal by submitting a receipt of purchase
- Old Highway 40 / Lincoln Highway
- Saturday July 23 from 7am-830 am
- Sunday July 24 from 7am-1pm
- Closed from South Shore drive to Sugar Bowl Road
Discuss this Event
Contact the Event