Thanks for checking into Freeze Your Fanny. This will be our 30th year to provide one of the first events in the calendar year that tells cycling enthusiast that the time has come to brush off the cobwebs and start pedaling. Runners wear your earmuffs!
Freeze Your Fanny is the one and only fundraiser for East Texas Lightnin’. Our, volunteers and community partners, mission is to provide athletic and recreational events for individuals with intellectual disabilities.
All of that being said, “Welcome to beautiful East Texas, the hills and whatever weather happens on the first Saturday in February.” Remember to follow us on facebook for weather updates (as we get closer to day of event) and/or to reach out to your cycling and running buddies.
Register early to get your long sleeve t-shirt.
Again, thanks and we hope to see you at the 30th Freeze.
Event details and schedule
Packet pickup: Early pickup will be held at Woolley G's Bike & Fitness - 4410 N US HWY 259
Friday, Feb 2, 12pm - 6pm.
Come by get your packet, have some fun, meet other enthusiasts and pick up last minute items from the guys in the shop.
- Parking can get kind of serious so runners - the event starts at the back of the school and there is plenty of parking back there. Watch for FYF signage and we will point you in the right direction. Cyclists, go up the the red light and turn right you will park in front of the school.
- You can register that morning or stop at prepaid and get your packet - it's at this time that you are supposed to ooh and aah about tshirt. After paperwork is done step in to the cafeteria and have some breakfast goodies and check out your maps.
- Runners 8:00 am is start time so finish your bananas, put on ear muffs and numbers and head outside - follow the motorcycles out to the route. 5k runners, TriCity charter (awesome partner) will transport you back to the school. 10k's take the round a bout and head back to the school.
- Riders Woolley G's will have tech support in the parking lot for any last minute issues. We are asking that all team riders be at the head of the pack at the start of the tour. Please watch for signage along the routes.
- Sheriff's will be at first two turns.
- SAG - our motorcycle partners will be evident throughout the day, as well as, new sponsor Peters Chevrolet-Jeep-Chrysler vehicles.
Inclement weather delay: We will implement a one hour delay for cyclists start in case of dangerous road conditions: morning rain, snow, sleet, etc.
- Course closes at 3:00 pm unless weather delay was allowed which course will close at 4:00 pm
Bike Route Maps:
Run Route Maps