FLOATING OBSTACLE COURSE! The Liquid Run is specially designed for you and your friends to splash, bounce, and bound through a floating obstacle course with over 60 challenging (but fun!) obstacles to traverse, all on top of clean, clear water! We'll have fun for all your family and friends including a Free Play Zone, Kids Zone, Music, Food Trucks, and much more! The Liquid Girls will even be on hand to help you find the Liquid Libations Beer Garden. It's all happening in sunny SoCal, so get your crew together and make a plan to get out there and get soaked!
You won't get some silly headband or shirt, since shirts are not required at the Liquid Run!
You will get an awesome Liquid waterproof phone bag that allows you to Tweet, post, and share all of your selfies safely while on the course without the fear of getting your precious phone wet. While we’re talking about selfies, post yours to@theliquidrun and use the hashtag #theliquidrun.You will also receive a set of super stylish sunnies, so you won't have to worry about losing your $200 pair to Davy Jones. To complete your fantastic Liquid look, be sure to wear the floaties also provided in your bag.
Can I run/swim with family and friends?
Yes! This is a whole family and friends event. We encourage groups to help each other over the obstacles and across the course.
Is the kids zone free?
Yes, the kid zone is free to children of paying adult participants.
Spectators can purchase kids zone wrist bands for the day of the event.
Our goal is for everyone, big or small, to have the time of their life!
Must be 48 inches and under.
Is there a age requirement?
No, You only need to be taller than 48 inches. If your child is under 48 inches the Kids Zone is the perfect fit for them and its FREE!
Can I get a refund?
We do apologize, but there are no refunds under any circumstance. But, we're not going to leave you out to dry (see how we did that?). You can transfer your registration to another person until the transfer deadline. Please see location detail page for transfer deadline.
Event details and schedule
There are no rules! We’re just kidding, of course. Take a look below for a few rules we’d appreciate you following:
- All participants must follow instructions given by course officials and lifeguards.
- Life jackets are required at all times while on the free play obstacles or main course.
- All photos taken by media or Liquid Run staff can be used to market or promote other Liquid Run events.
- All participants must complete and sign a waiver of liability.
- Do not wear sharp objects, belts, clothing with metal buttons, jewelry or hair accessories that may get caught on or puncture the obstacles.
- All participants understand there are no refunds
- It is the participant’s duty to inform Liquid Run staff if they have been injured or hurt during the event.
- Have fun, but don't be "that guy" or "that girl". Excessive alcohol consumption may result in expulsion from the water areas.
- Have fun!
What should I bring?
- Photo ID. for Packet Pick-up
- An initialed, signed, and dated copy of the participant waiver
- Pack as if you are going to the beach for the day (because you are!).
- $10 cash for parking.
- Life vests will be provided for adults sizes XS, S, M, L, XL & XXL as well as children's sizes (If you require a different size, we request that you bring your own to ensure that you are able to participate).
Can I bring my own floatie?
Yes, we will have some amazing floats to play on and in, but we encourage everyone to bring their own favorite floatie to lounge around in during the day!
What to leave at home
- No outside alcoholic beverages will be allowed.
- No genuine weapons and/or firearms will be allowed.
- No glass containers will be allowed.
- No poor attitudes will be allowed...
I am not athletic... is the event safe?
Yes! The event is very safe. There is always an element of risk of injury when on the course, but the Liquid team has taken measures to ensure the course is safe and manageable for all. Please understand that, despite the requirement of life vests, any water event comes with the risk of injury and drowning. Participants assume all risks and medical expenses if needed during or after the event. All participants should brief themselves as to where the medical tent and lifeguards are located when they arrive for the event.
Come hang out for free and enjoy the view; you will not be disappointed! Land lovers are welcome to enjoy the music, food, and liquid libations area while you watch your friends tear it up on the obstacle course!
From bikinis to speedos to board shorts, all swimwear is welcome as long as your private parts stay private.
Packet pick-up will be available on site, beginning one hour prior to the first wave of the day.
Your packet includes your free Liquid waterproof bag, stylish sunnies, and arm floaties!
*There will be an EARLY PACKET PICK UP, so please check your specific race location page for more info.
What you need at packet pick-up
Your photo ID (required at packet pick-up).
An initialed, signed, and dated copy of the participant waiver. This is optional to bring with you, but will greatly help save some time in line! Click HERE (PDF) to download.
Picking up a friend's packet
You may pick up another participant's packet, but you will need the following items in order to do so:
1. Copy of their photo ID.
2. Signed letter from your friend stating that you are allowed to pick up their packet.
*Race packets and materials must be picked up on-site. They will not be shipped to participants.