Join us for the second annual CA Run/Walk to Fight Lymphedema & Lymphatic Diseases, presented by LE&RN, BSN Medical (Premier National Sponsor), and Tactile Medical (Presenting Sponsor) in beautiful Santa Monica, California. Whether you're a serious runner, or just want to get a bit of exercise on a Sunday morning, this 5K walking/running course on the beach is sure to be just what the doctor ordered. The Lymphatic Education & Research Network (LE&RN) has been hosting this event in NY for 7 years, and this year they've expanded to the West Coast once again.
Join hundreds of LE&RN supporters as they run or walk on behalf of the estimated 10 million Americans and 140 million worldwide who suffer with lymphedema and other lymphatic diseases. LE&RN's mission is to fight lymphatic disease and lymphedema through education, research and advocacy.
- To register to run, click the yellow "Register Now" button at the top.
- Want to Join the Fight against lymphedema and other lymphatic diseases? Register to be a fundraiser at LymphWalk.org.
- The top 10 fundraisers ($1,000 or more) and 1 guest will be invited to attend a cocktail reception the evening before the Run/Walk with Academy Award-winning actress Kathy Bates. You must register as a fundraiser at LymphWalk.org.
Event details and schedule
- Location: Crescent Bay Park in Santa Monica/Ocean Park
- Crescent Bay Park is located at 2000 Ocean Ave., Santa Monica, CA 90405 (right next to Casa del Mar)
- There is metered parking on Ocean Ave./Barnard Way and the larger beach lots, located directly adjacent to the event site. To access the main beach lot, please enter on Bicknell Ave. from Ocean Ave. or Main Street
- 10 Bicknell Ave., Santa Monica, CA 90405 - takes you right to the parking entrance
- Parking at the beach lot is typically $10 for the day. The lot takes both cash and credit cards
- Riding your bike? Just bring a bike lock and use the racks near the festival area
- Registration/Check-in begins at 7:30. Please visit the registration table to check-in and receive your t-shirt and bib
- Refreshments – we are fortunate to be able to offer water and energy bars to all participants
- We are not allowed to offer any items for sale
- The distance is 5K, but you can run or walk as much as you are able
- Each participant will get a t-shirt and medal at the end of the course
- This is not a timed race
- Additional Walk t-shirts (as available) may be obtained by making a suggested $10 donation
- This is not a closed course. Please obey all local traffic laws, and be mindful of cars, pedestrians, and other runners/walkers