On this scenic USATF-certified half marathon course, runners and walkers start at Soledad Mission on Ft. Romie Rd. and go south for about 1 mile before turning west on Private Rd. 2 toward the Santa Lucia mountains. At mile 2.4, runners turn on Foothill/River Rd. and run north along the base of the mountains on the River Road Wine Trail. Participants will breathe cool, coastal Monterey Bay air as they pass vineyards and fields of row crops such as lettuce, spinach, carrots and broccoli, before crossing the finish line among the vines at Pessagno Winery for a fantastic Finish Festival celebration!
Event details and schedule
- The race begins at 8 AM on Saturday, August 6, 2016 at the Soledad Mission and finishes at the Pessagno Winery
- Entry is limited to the first 2,000 registrants
- The 4-hour course time limit will be enforced
- You must be 12 years of age or older to register for the race
- There is a $10 discount for students under age 21 and Active Duty military (must present Active Military ID at packet pick-up, not applicable to spouses or dependents)
- Bibs are not mailed. There will be packet pick-up on Friday, August 5, at the Salinas Valley Memorial Hospital Farmer's Market (corner of Wilgart Way and East Romie Lane) from 2 to 6 PM. Free parking available. There is race morning pick-up beginning at 6 AM at the Soledad Mission (36641 Fort Romie Road, Soledad, CA)
For more detailed information on the event, please visit www.salinasvalleyhalfmarathon.org.