The 32nd consecutive running of the Newark Mile, part of the Newark Days Celebration. Free shirts are included with registration. This year, the 2.5 mile (4k) course will follow the parade route. Following the race, enjoy the parade, carnival, food booths, stage performances, car show, and arts & crafts fair.
Event details and schedule
- Date: Saturday, September 17, 2016
- Time: 9:00 am (7:00 am - 8:30 am for registration/check-in)
- Place: Newark Community Center, 35501 Cedar Blvd., Newark, CA
- Distance: 2.5 miles (4 km)
- Fee: $15 Pre-Register (Includes free race T-shirt!)
Runner check-in is open from 7:00 am to 8:30 am at the Clerk of the Course located in the grass in front of the Newark Community Center near the intersection of Cedar Blvd. and Chapman Dr. Upon registering or checking in, you will receive your bib, bib safety pins, and your official Newark Mile T-shirt. The race will begin and end on Cedar Blvd. at the Chapman Dr. intersection.
Course and Parking Information
Course map can be found here.
Parking in Newark Days lots will not be available as they will be blocked due to the closures of Cedar and Newark Blvds. for the Newark Mile and Newark Days Parade. Participants and spectators are advised to park on residential streets. We recommend that participants and spectators who live in the surrounding residential area walk or bike to the race.
Parking map can be found here.
There are several categories of awards given out at the Newark Mile.
- Trophies for the first overall male and female
- Trophies for the first Newark resident male and female
- Trophies for the first male and female in each age group
- Medals for the top 3 males and females in each age group
- All runners can enter to win prizes in the post race raffle. Your free entry ticket is attached to your race bib!
The age groups are: 0 to 14, 15 to 25, 26 to 35, 36 to 45, 46 to 55, 56 to 65, and 66 & over