The 18th Annual Gene Cerise Country Coast Classic Bike Ride takes place on scenic routes of rolling hills and beautiful coastline of the central California coast. There are three levels of rides to choose from:
The ¾ Century Ride: This ride provides 72 miles of challenge for advanced cyclists. The route goes up to the top of Hwy 46 and back to Hwy 1 before heading north along the coast up to Ragged Point. Rest Stops with scrumptious goodies are found along the way at the "top of 46", Vista Point and at Ragged Point. Riders must ride single-file on a narrow shoulder on the northern portion of this route to Ragged Point. See website for Route Map & Profile
The ½ Century Ride: A 45 mile intermediate ride with a bit of a challenge. Pedal up Hwy 1 from the Pinedorado Grounds in Cambria to Ragged Point and back. This route has one hard hill climbing up to Ragged Point. Rest Stops with scrumptious goodies are found along the way at Vista Point and at Ragged Point. Riders must ride single-file on a narrow shoulder on the northern portion of this route to Ragged Point. This ride ia a good test of your riding skills. See website for Route Map & Profile
The ¼ Century Ride: Fun! Short & sweet: a gentle ride starting from the Pinedorado Grounds in Cambria up the coast to the Elephant Seal Rookery and back. Ride the whole way for 25 miles or just to Hearst Castle and back for 15 miles. This is a great choice for families since this section of Highway 1 has wide shoulders. A well-supplied rest stop awaits you at the Vista Point turnaround. See website for Route Map & Profile
- Beat the heat, enjoy the cool air & great scenery of the Central Coast riding the ¾ Century (72 mi), ½ Century (45 mi) or ¼ Century(25 mi)
- Pre-marked ride route, route maps & SAG support vehicles on the ride
- Rest Stops (snacks, homemade cookies & drinks)
- Famously delish post-ride BBQ* for all riders
- Each rider gets 1 raffle ticket for great prizes (additional tickets are available for purchase)
- All volunteer labor - *proceeds benefit youth groups in Cambria, Cayucos and San Simeon*
- Again this year: team discounts! Groups of 10 or more riders will receive $5 off their registration. Here's how it works:
The team captain or leader will notify the Ride Director at firstname.lastname@example.org with the names of the 10 or more registered riders. The Ride Director will, in turn, issue a $5.00 refund to the credit card of each registered rider of the team.
- Local Motel Discounts:
Moonstone Landing is offering a $50.00 per night/per room discount for a total of 5 rooms for June 22nd and 23rd, 2018. The current rate for the partial view rooms with a king bed is $339.00 per night plus tax. With the discount, the rate is $289.00 per night, plus tax.
Phone (805) 927-0012. Address 6240 Moonstone Beach Dr., Cambria, CA 93428 (when booking rooms reference the discount to Tom Parsons - Country Coast Classic)
Event details and schedule
- Early Check-In is available from 4-5:30pm on Friday, June 22nd at Santa Rosa Parish Hall, 1174 Main Street, Cambria CA 93428.
- Ride day Check-in at the Pinedorado Grounds 7am-10am
- Parking is available in the Veteran's Memorial Building parking lot next to the Pinedorado Grounds or along both sides of Main Street. Wherever you park, be sure to be off the roadway pavement.
- All riders must sign the waiver at time of registration
- All riders must wear helmets
- Registration on day of ride but shirts and BBQ meals are not guaranteed
- The ¾ Century riders should start between 7-9am. The ½ Century and ¼ Century riders should start between 9-10am. If you start before the course opens, you may arrive at rest stops before they are open.
- Course closes at 4pm - All riders need to complete their ride before 4pm
- Check out the FAQ on website
- BBQ meal will be served from 11:30 to 3pm. Boxed meals will be provided after 3pm
- Happy Hour starts at 11am