5th ANNUAL ALHAMBRA PUMPKIN RUN 2018
We’re celebrating our 5th year! The Alhambra Pumpkin Run is turning 5 and we’d love you to join us for our Birthday on Sunday, October 28th!
The Alhambra Pumpkin Run is one of Alhambra's largest annual city wide events. The race brings more than 1,000 runners and walkers to the beautiful streets of Downtown Alhambra starting on Main Street and moving in to east Alhambra. Get to know your neighbors and community businesses as they cheer you on during your run. Neighborhood children set-up lemonade stands, cheer you on with signs and bring you to the finish line with music, cheers and laughter.
Our mission is to provide a fun, family environment to promote physical fitness, health and fun through a community based event with costumes, music and entertainment.
When: Sunday, October 28th 2018
Run/Walk Start: 2nd Street & Main Street in Downtown Alhambra
Day of Registration begins: 6:30am
5K Start: 8:00am
1K Start: 9:30am
*Start times subject to change
Halloween Festival: 8am - 2pm (Located on 2nd Street between Main Street and Commonwealth - in front of Alhambra High School)
· Opening ceremonies for the 5K run/walk begin at 7:30am on 2nd Street and Main Street
· Free and fun festival for the entire family!
· Trick-or-Treating at businesses on Main Street in Downtown Alhambra beginning at 12pm
· Live entertainment including a band, dance performances and DJ
· Certified Alhambra Farmer’s Market
· Gourmet Food trucks
· Annual Downtown Alhambra Hallowscream Costume Contest
· Kids' Zone including petting zoo, bouncers, pumpkin patch and carnival games
· Bag check sevice
· Annual Homebrew Beer Contest sponsored by Ohana Brewery
· Annual Pumpkin Pie making contest
· Halloween fun characters and photobooth
· Local craft vendors
· Beer Garden: Each runner will receive 1 complementary beer drink ticket for 21+ runners only - Sponsored by: Ohana Brewery
· Pumpkin Pie making contest - Wanna compete? Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
5K/1K REGISTRATION TIPS
Register for our 5th Annual Alhambra Pumpkin Run here! You may register as a single runner or as a team. Please note that the sooner your register for the run, the more dough you'll save. Please see our early registration dates below and we'll see you at the finish line.
Register early and let's do this!
* If you are registering for another runner, please enter their email address when registering them.
* When placing your order for your t-shirt size, please note that you cannot change your t-shirt size after your registration. We offer Adult sizes and Children sizes. Please select size carefully.
5K & 1K PRICING
· Flash Sale: $29 (4 days only - Friday, 4/6 thru Monday, 4/9)
· Early Bird: $35 (4/10 thru 5/31)
· Regular: $40 (6/1 - 8/31)
· Late: $45 (9/1 - 10/24)
· On-Site: $55 (10/27 at Bib Pick-up and Day of Event 10/28)
1K KIDS ONLY RUN:
· Flash Sale: $18 (4 days only - Friday, 4/6 thru Monday, 4/9)
· Early Bird: $20 (4/10 thru 5/31)
· Regular: $22 (6/1 - 8/31)
· Late: $25 (9/1 - 10/24)
· On-Site: $30 (10/27 at Bib Pick-up and Day of Event 10/28)
NOTE: no registrations will be available or processed 10/25 to 10/27.
Once 5Ker’s hit El Molino Dr. they will make a right in to our beautiful north/east Alhambra residential area and loop around to Granada Ave. Participants will then make a left back on to Main Street and finish the 5K run/walk facing west on Main Street and continue back to our finish line.
5K AGES: Open to All Ages**
**Children 6 years and up may run/walk the 5K as participants. All children ages 12 and under must be accompanied by a registered adult for the entire duration of the race. All participants need a bib/registration to enter the 5K and run the route. Children 5 years and younger are free to run/walk or be pushed in strollers for free. There is no registration needed for children 0 to 5 years.
1K KIDS RUN (12 AND YOUNGER)
Our 1K Kids race begins with a fun warm up of exercises, dance and stretches. We also add in a quick announcement to the kids about the importance of exercise and warming up your bodies before we do rigorous activities.
The 1K course features a turnaround loop easy for the kids to follow and a lead adult runner that will guide the runners on the loop. The race begins on Main Street at our start line (cross street: 2nd Street) facing east Alhambra. The race begins and runners make a U-Turn at 5th Street and runners turn back around on Main Street facing west and ending at the finish line on 2nd Street.
Upon crossing the finish line, each runner will be given a commemorative finisher medal and swag bag. Runners will be then directed with their parents to our Kids Zone area with carnival games, face painting, petting zoo, bouncers and more. The 1K run will follow an awards ceremony on our stage at 10:30am for 1st, 2nd & 3rd Place for each age division. Prizes to be determined by sponsors, etc…
Parents may accompany children in the 4-5 year 1K division only and may not hold their hand. Parents are there to guide their children only. This will be enforced for everyone’s safety and the fairness of the race. Thank you for understanding.
· Group #1: Ages 11-13
· Group #2: Ages 8-10
· Group #3: Ages 6-7
· Group #4: Ages 4-5
We organize the 1K race in this order so that our younger racers see the older runners and learn the route from their guidance. Parents are to cheer their children on from the sidelines and make sure to capture every photographic memory!
ALL RUNNERS RECEIVE:
· Commemorative 2018 Pumpkin Run t-shirt at registration pick-up
· Commemorative 2018 Pumpkin Run custom finisher’s medal received after crossing the finish line
· Commemorative 2018 Pumpkin Run runner's bib with timing chip (5K only)
· Commemorative 2018 sponsored swag bag with sponsored goodies for both 5K and 1K finishers while supplies last
· Chip timing (excluding 1K runners) for accurate run time results received after the 5K
· Prizes awarded to 1st, 2nd & 3rd Place fo male and female winners in the 5K runs (Prizes to be determined by sponsors, etc...) to be held on our main stage at 10:30am
· Complimentary snacks and drinks from our sponsors after they cross the finish line
· A large group fun warm-up will be conducted before the race begins
IMPORTANT 5K/1K RUN/WALK INFORMATION
· Pick-up your runner’s bib and t-shirt before race day on: Saturday, October 27th 10:00am - 2:00pm in front of Alhambra City Hall on 2nd Street on the west side entrance.
· Day of bib & t-shirt pick up begins: 6:30 am and goes until 7:45 am for the 5K, 8:00 am to 9:15 am for the 1K
· 5K Group Warm-Up: 7:45 am
· 5K Starts: 8:00 AM - CUT OFF FOR OFFICIAL TIMING CHIP START IS: 8:15am
· 1K Kids Run Warm-Up & Run: 9:30 am
· Awards Ceremony: 10:30am located on our main stage
· Dress up for our run! Orange is fun! Pumpkin gear is sweet! And Halloween costumes are even sweeter! Have fun and see you at the finish line.
· Each 5K runner will receive a complimentary beer ticket - 21+ only
5K/1K PRE-PACKET PICK-UP:
We have a pre pick-up event so you can pick up your bib, t-shirt and packet. Please do your best to pick up your packet at our pre-packet pick up on Saturday, October 27th. This will help eliminate long lines and give our runners plenty of time to arrive to the run, have time to warm-up and feel comfortable before the run/walk.
Pre Pick-Up Event Info (recommended):
* Please note that this is the best/ideal day to pick up your runner's packet. Thank you.
· Date: Saturday, October 27th
· Time: 10:00pm - 2:00pm
· Where: Alhambra City Hall lawn - 2nd Street (West side of City Hall) *Look for our pop-up tent
· Bring: Arrive with your I.D. for all pick ups.
Day Pick-Up Info:
· Date: Sunday, October 28th
· Time: 6:30am - 7:45am
· Where: 2nd Street & Main Street - by Start line on 2nd Street
· Bring: Arrive with your I.D. for all pick ups.
IMPORTANT RUN INFO
The information below is extremely important. Please read it carefully and learn about all the important information about packet pick up, your timing chip, and rules for the race course.
If you registered another person it is your responsibility to share this information with them.
PARTY TIME & FUN RUN!
The Alhambra Pumpkin Run is also a HUGE party! Dress up in your best Halloween, Pumpkin or Orange gear! Being so close to Halloween, many of our runners dress up to the run. Feel free to wear anything and all orange, a Halloween costume or a big and fun pumpkin tutu! Make it fun. Make it memorable. *Costumes may not create a safety hazard to yourself or other runners.
ON SITE REGISTRATION AND PICK UP
On site registration & pick up will pause temporarily at the start of the 5K in honor of the National Anthem and Color Guard presentation and end promptly at 8:10am for the 5K. No exceptions! Please arrive early!!
BIB NUMBERS & TIMING CHIPS
REMEMBER, DO NOT FORGET YOUR BIB!! Your race bib is chipped for timing and must be pinned to the FRONT of your shirt. We cannot replace any bibs forgotten at home and everyone must have a bib to participate in the Pumpkin Run (unless they are 5 years old and under and just along for the ride). A new bib will need to be purchased.
This event is chip timed which means your race time begins when you cross the start line and ends when you cross the finish line. For this reason, you do not need to crowd the starting line trying to be the first person to take off. Cutoff for official timed results is 8:15 AM for 5K - no exceptions!
Be sure to run across the timing mat under the arch to end your official time.
1K KIDS’ RACE
The 1K run will begin at the conclusion of the 5K Run at 9:30 AM. We would love to see all 5K finishers line the streets and finish area to cheer the children to the finish line.
Our runners may park in any city parking lot or available street parking. Parking lots located on 1st Street north and south of Main Street. Please view the course map and park outside of the route. Use the walk as a pre race warm up exercise.
· Pay attention to all posted signs. Parking is at your own risk and protect any valuables you leave in your car.
· If you live locally, use Uber or Lyft to catch a ride and avoid the parking hassle all together.
· Carpool...less cars = more parking for others
· Be courteous to the residents and avoid loud music and talking in the early arrival hours.
· Do NOT block residential driveways.
· Do NOT park in the local business parking lots. We are not responsible for any parking tickets or towing.
· Do NOT leave any trash behind (even if it is not yours).
All entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. You may not alter, reproduce, give or sell your number to another individual – doing so will result in your disqualification as well as the participant who uses your race number. The entry fee for this year's event will NOT transfer to next year's event, no exceptions. This policy stays in effect whether you are injured, have an unexpected business or family emergency, pregnancy, Act of God, etc. There are NO exceptions. Any inquiry regarding this policy will be directed back to this page. There is NO rain date, We Go Rain or Shine.