The 16th Annual Gene Cerise Country Coast Classic Bike Ride takes place on scenic routes of rolling hills, vineyards and beautiful coastline of the central California coast. There are three levels of rides to choose from:
The Century: This ride provides 100 miles of challenge for advanced cyclists. The route winds over Hwy 46 to the Paso Robles wine country and back to the Pinedorado Grounds in Cambria for lunch, before heading north on Hwy 1 to Ragged Point and back. Only experienced riders should attempt this ride.
The Half Century: A 50 mile intermediate ride with a bit of a challenge. Pedal up Hwy 1 from the Pinedorado Grounds in Cambria to Ragged Point and back. This route has one hard hill.
Short Ride: Fun! Short & sweet: a gentle ride starting from the Pinedorado Grounds in Cambria up the coast to the Elephant Seal Rookery and back. Ride the whole way for 25 miles or just to Hearst Castle and back for 15 miles.
- Beat the heat, enjoy the cool air & great scenery of the Central Coast riding the Century (100 mi), 1/2 Century (50 mi), or Short Ride (15 or 25 mi)
- Pre-marked ride route, route maps & SAG support vehicles on the ride
- Rest Stops (snacks, homemade cookies & drinks)
- Lunch for Century riders & famously delish post-ride BBQ* for all riders
- Each rider gets 1 raffle ticket for great prizes (additional tickets are available for purchase)
- All volunteer labor - *proceeds benefit youth groups in Cambria, Cayucos and San Simeon*
Event details and schedule
- Early Check-In is available from 4-5:30pm on Friday, June 24th at the Cambria Connection located at 870 Main Street, Cambria
- Ride day Check-in at the Pinedorado Grounds 6:30-10am
- All riders must sign the waiver at time of registration
- All riders must wear helmets
- Registration on day of ride but shirts and BBQ meals are not guaranteed
- Course closes at 5pm - All riders need to complete their ride before 5pm
- Check out the FAQ on website