Around the Cycle and PAA bring you the ACH East Adventure!
Let's continue the tradition of enjoying our San Gabriel mountains with a ride up Angles Crest Highway to Cloud Burst Summit! This is a wonderful chance to ride up and away from the city streets and into the majestic San Gabriels with fellow PAA Members and guests. We are planning on having riders of different levels and going only as far as they feel like. This ride is sponsored by Club Sponsor Around the Cycle.
There are 4 main sectors; (distance and approximite time ranges)
Sector 1; Start to Clear Creek (about 10 miles), 50 mins to 1;15. Water SAG
Sector 2; Clear Creek to Red Box (about 4.5 miles). 26 mins to 40 mins. Water SAG/LUNCH
Sector 3; Red Box to Newcomb's Ranch (about 12.5 miles) 55 mins to 1;15 Water SAG/Nutritian
Sector 4; Newcomb Ranch's to Coudburst summit (about 6.25 Miles) 45 to 1;10. Water/SAG/Nutritian
**ANY CHANGES TO THIS PLAN WILL BE EMAILED OUT TO PARTICIPANTS PRIOR TO THE RIDE**
Ride Groups and start times
- 7:00am: Endurance led by Russel Burt 818-926-7713
- 8am: Fast Endurance riders.
- Distance: 69 miles
- Elevation Gain: 8,356 ft'
- Difficulty: 9
- Map: https://www.strava.com/routes/6190110
- Route description: Up Hwy 2 to Cloud Burst and back. Anyhing beyond Cloud Burst will be unsupported.
CUT OFF Time: For those that are going all the way To Cloudburst we’ve got you covered all along the way up to the summit through around 12pm. If you haven’t left Newcomb’s by 11:15. You should just go only partway or
SAG Support: There will be two SAG vehicles that will meet riders at various locations Clear Creek, Red Box , Chilao Campground, Cloud Burst ) to provide water, bananas and other goodies. Please note that the SAG vehicle has limited room to transport riders! As a result, riders should carry the tools and supplies necessary prepared to do minor repairs on the road (e.g., changing a flat).
Ride Organizer: Lon Bender 323-854-5803
Ride Leader: Russell Burt 818-926-7713
- SAG Lunch Nancy Dang 562-547-2067
- SAG 1 Anthony Dang 714-504-0712
- Sag 2 TBD
Lunch Stop: Red Box start serving at 11:30 - 4hrs from start
More Details to come!
- All riders should be prepared to do minor repairs on the road (e.g., change a flat)
- Due to the challenging nature of most club supported rides, groups will invariably form and split up en route depending on riders levels of fitness, training goals, etc.
- For your safety, helmet is mandatory on PAA rides.
- Inclement weather may result in a change of the route or cancellation of event.
- Guests are welcome, but should also RSVP (guest ticket), sign a ride waiver, and make a $10 donation at the start of the ride.
- Ths will be a no-drop ride led by club sponsor Nathan Miller of Matt Construction.
This PAA club ride is brought to you by your PAA club sponsors who will be assisted by the PAA Endurance Team.
Note: You do not need to print your Eventbrite ticket.
PASADENA ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION
WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY
In consideration for participating in and by his or her participation in any events for, organized by, through, or in connection with Pasadena Athletic Association, a California non-profit corporation (“PAA”), or any other physical activity in connection therewith (collectively, “Events”), the undersigned (the “Participant”) freely agrees to the provisions of this Waiver and Release of Liability (the “Waiver”).
1. Participant understands and acknowledges that cycling is an inherently dangerous sport. Events and related activities, whether Participant participates as a rider, official, coach, mechanic, volunteer, spectator or otherwise, may involve the risk of serious injury, including death or property damage. Participant fully assumes all risks associated with participating in Events, including, but not limited to: dangers associated with man-made and natural jumps; the dangers of collision with pedestrians, vehicles, other participants, and fixed or moving objects; the dangers arising from surface hazards, including pot holes, equipment failure, inadequate safety equipment, use of equipment or materials provided by PAA, the Event organizer and others, Participant’s own negligence and weather conditions. Participant forever releases, waives, covenants not to sue and discharges PAA and its directors, officers, employees, affiliates, successors, members, coaches, participants, volunteers, sponsors, instructors, representatives, agents and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”), from all liability to Participant and/or Participant’s personal representatives and heirs, and agrees to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend Releasees against any and all losses, damages, liabilities, deficiencies, claims, actions, judgments, settlements, interest, awards, penalties, fines, costs, demands, expenses, and attorneys’ fees, including but not limited to those relating to or arising from any injury to the person or property of Participant, liability arising from the Participant’s death, deformity, personal injury, property damage, theft or actions of any kind that may hereafter occur, all to the maximum extent permitted by law (collectively, “Losses”), whether caused by the negligence or more culpable act or omission of Participant, the Releasees, other Event participants, or otherwise relating to, arising from, or occurring during Events (collectively, “Indemnified Claims”). Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Waiver, each Releasee may defend an Indemnified Claim with counsel of his or her own choosing and without the Participant’s involvement. If a Releasee assumes control of the defense, the Participant shall reimburse the Releasee promptly and periodically for the costs incurred in defending against the Indemnified Claim (including attorneys’ fees and expenses), and shall remain responsible to such Releasees for any other Losses. Participant shall give prompt written notice to Releasees of any proposed settlement of an Indemnified Claim. Participant may not, without Releasees’ prior written consent, settle or compromise any claim, or consent to the entry of any judgment regarding which indemnification is being sought this Waiver. Participant acknowledges that this Waiver is a contract with legal and binding consequences and applies to all Events.
2. Participant agrees that he or she is personally financially responsible for any medical
attention, including first aid, needed or requested during Events or resulting from any injury during or in
connection with Events, and releases and forever discharges PAA from any Losses which arise or may
arise on account of any such medical attention.
3. Participant will comply with all stated terms and conditions for participation in the Events, including, without limitation, any rules provided by PAA, its coaches, volunteers, instructors and sponsors, and Events officials and sponsors. Participant will wear a helmet that protects against serious head injury and assumes all responsibility and liability for the selection of such a helmet and any maintenance, modifications or attachments thereto. Participant agrees to continually ride and otherwise participate in the Events so as to avoid endangering oneself or others.
4. Participant consents to any pictures, videos, recordings or voice likeness to appear in any documentary or promotional materials of the Releasees and without any compensation to Participant.
5. Participant consents to the release by any third party to Releasees and their insurance carrier the name and medical information that may relate solely to any injury or death arising from participation in the Events.
6. PARTICIPANT HAS READ THIS WAIVER AND FULLY UNDERSTANDS ITS TERMS AND CONTENT. PARTICIPANT IS AWARE THAT THIS IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ACKNOWLEDGES THAT SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS ARE SURRENDERED BY AGREEING IT, AND DOES SO FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY.
7. Participant agrees that the above representations are contractually binding, are not mere recitals, that this Waiver is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by law and that if any portion of this Waiver is held invalid, it is agreed that the remaining provisions of this Waiver shall continue in full force and effect.
8. If Participant is under the age of 18 (a “Minor”), Participant’s parent or guardian represents that he/she is, in fact, acting in such capacity, consents to the Minor’s participation in the Events, and agrees individually and on behalf of the Minor to this Waiver. Participant’s parent or guardian releases, waives, covenants not to sue, and discharges the Releasees from all liability to the Minor and his/her personal representatives and heirs, and agrees to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend Releasees against any and all Losses, including those Losses which may be imposed upon Releasees because of any defect in or lack of such capacity to so act on behalf of the Minor and parents or legal guardian.
Notice Address: c/o Polsinelli LLP, 2049 Century Park East, Los Angeles, CA 90067