The 3rd Annual Jeffrey Ray Davis Sepsis Challenge, presented by bioMérieux and UC Health, will begin at Marco's Pizza on Saturday, July 23 at 10am.
- Registration is $30 through July 9 and includes an event t-shirt
- Registration is $35 July 10-22 and t-shirts are given on a first come first serve basis
- Registration is $40 on July 23 and t-shirts are given on a first come first serve basis
- Day of registration and check in begins at 8am.
- The 5K will start at 10am.
- The starting point is at Marco's Pizza
- Strollers and pets welcome!
- This event will be professionally times and medals will be given out to the first and second place winners.
Can't attend? You can still participate by purchasing the "Honor Jeff From Home" ticket, and run or walk in your city. This is a great way to show your support! T-shirt is not included in this registration, however you may purchase one for $15. Please let us know your shipping address if necessary.
Sponsorship Opportunities - email Savannah at email@example.com to become a sponsor.
What is sepsis?
Sepsis is your body’s toxic, or severe, response to an infection. This extreme inflammatory response (swelling) in your body is frequently caused by a bacterial or viral infection, such as pneumonia or influenza, but it can be caused by parasitic or fungal infections.
Your body’s immune system, which is supposed to fight off the infection, goes into overdrive and begins to attack your body.
Sepsis is a medical emergency and must be treated quickly and properly for survival.
About Sepsis Alliance:
Sepsis Alliance is a charitable organization run by a team of dedicated laypeople and healthcare professionals who share a strong commitment to battling sepsis. The organization was founded in 2007, by Dr. Carl Flatley, whose daughter Erin died of sepsis when she was 23 years old.
Sepsis Alliance was created to raise sepsis awareness among both the general public and healthcare professionals. Sepsis awareness can and does save lives, yet fewer than half of American adults have ever heard the word. Sepsis Alliance also gives a voice to the millions of people who have been touched by sepsis – to the survivors, and the friends andfamily members of those who have survived or who have died. Survivors and those left behind often feel as if they are alone.
Find out more at www.sepsis.org.