The La Jolla Half Marathon is one of America's most picturesque and beautiful point-to-point races. Starting at the Del Mar Fairgrounds, the course follows a scenic coastal route before reaching the challenging climb to the summit of Torrey Pines State Park. After leaving the park, the course rolls atop Torrey Pines mesa, continues down through the residential district of La Jolla Shores, and finishes in Ellen Browning Scripps Park at La Jolla Cove. The La Jolla Half Marathon is race #2 in the Half Marathon Triple CrownSM Series.
Event Beneficiary - 100% of net proceeds benefit the youth, senior and community programs of the La Jolla Kiwanis Foundation.
Each half marathon and 5K participant will receive:
- Technical fabric, men's and women's race shirts
- Personalized bib number
- "36th Annual" keepsake cinch bag
- Support stations throughout course
- Custom finisher's medal (half marathon finishers only)
- Finish line treats including chocolate milk, water and finisher food bag filled with delicious recovery snacks
- Finish line festival with live band, refreshments and local vendors
- Complimentary beer in the beer garden (ages 21 and up, must have ID)
- Second race in the Half Marathon Triple Crown (www.TripleCrownBound.com)
Course Time Limit:
For the half marathon you must be able to complete the course in 3 hours. This means you must maintain a 13:44-minute-per-mile pace or faster. For the 5K, you must be able to complete the course in 1 hour. This means you must maintain a 19:21-minute-per-mile pace or faster. Both the half marathon and 5K time limits are based on chip time, meaning the time limit countdown begins the moment the participant's timing chip passes over the start line timing mat.
Discuss this Event
Contact the Event
In Motion, Inc.