Welcome to the beautiful lakeside community of Cassadaga, NY. Just off of I-90, one hour south of Buffalo, NY and 1 hour north of Erie, PA. Join us for a triathlon we think you will find challenging and a whole lot of fun! Great for individuals and relay teams.
KBR ~KAYAK, BIKE, RUN.
This event is for you if you love to have fun and enjoy the beauty of the outdoors on a Saturday morning in September in Western NY. 1 mile kayak, 13 mile bike and 2 mile run. Using the same bike and run courses as the Southern Tier Triathlon Club Summer Tri Series, you will see why they are starting to call Cassadaga the new mecca for triathletes. Paratriathletes are welcomed!
We all start in the water, lined up and ready to loop the lake along the perimeter for this fun kayak portion of the race that is one mile in length. Any kayak is acceptable for this event. With "kayak pullers" ready to pull your craft out of the water as you zoom back to the beach your feet will stay “mostly" dry as you run up to transition.
It’s hilly, really fun and a great challenge for every level rider.
The 13 mile course is all right hand turns.
- Out of transition right onto Park Ave and turn right onto Maple Ave.,
- Right turn onto Frisbee Road,
- Straight thru stop sign at Dale and Frisbee onto Glasgow,
- Right turn at the T in road onto Fredonia-Stockton Rd.,
- 2 miles downhill take a right at 4-corners onto Webster Road,
- Turn right onto Porter at the bottom of the short hill at the 4-way stop,
- Right turn onto State Route 60. All the way up hill to light in Cassadaga,
- Right turn onto Maple Avenue and then one block right again onto Park Ave.
SAG vehicle on course.
The 2 mile run begins as you run out of transition. Follow the cones along the fence and out of the gate, running next to the Finish Line. You will run on the left side of the road to the end of Park Avenue and take a left turn onto Dale Drive, staying to your left. Running along the lake, the course is mostly flat with one little “bump”, continue to the turn-around point and head back the same way to the finish line.
Stocked aid station in transition and at the turn-around point with Hammer Nutrition products and water.
The race can be entered as a relay team of 2 or 3 members; each completing 1-2 of the event legs.
FREE parking within a very short walk to the race site. Kayak drop off available at the race site with assistance provided.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
Saturday - 8am - 9:40am. - Check-in and kayak drop off
- 9:45am. - Pre-race meeting, with all participants in their kayaks in the water.
- 10am - Race start
DIVISIONS & AWARDS:
- Triathlon - Top 3 Overall Male and Female; M/F 5 year age groups 19&U - 80+
- Paratriathletes - Top 3 Overall Male and Female
- Relay Teams - Top 3 Overall
Finisher medals & Race Give-A-Way
Beer Zone supplied by Southern Tier Brewing Company (must be 21 years of age)
Post-race pancakes and sausage provided by Wilson Endurance Sports.
Race is held Rain or Shine.
Only registered participants allowed on the course. No dogs!
There is NO refund for this event. However, with ADVANCE notice, you may defer to another Wilson Endurance Sports event or next years race. You must speak with Tonia Wilson directly via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or 716-353-1288.
Any questions on the course or race please contact Race Director, Mark H. Wilson, via email CoachMarkWilson@gmail.com or 914-466-9214.
Wilson Endurance Sports strives to bring you a fun, challenging event in beautiful settings all around New York State and one in Connecticut. We host a full calendar that can be viewed on the Races & Events page of our website. Athlete centered, grass-roots racing is what we are all about.