NEW DATE - Thursday August 10th
Due to severe heat predicted for August 2nd, ORRC has chosen to postpone the 2017 event until Thursday August 10th. Registration is open until August 8th. Other event details remain the same.
Come participate in the combination of two classic events the ORRC Dual Duel and the ORRC Mile! This year's event will be extra special celebrating three things: One the 45th anniversary of the Duel Dual, two the 45th anniversary of ORRC, and three the 25th year of Daniel Brewer directing the event. There will be cake and a trivial pursuit game!
Events this year are:
- The ORRC Mile. Four heats of the mile will be held:
- Mens Open and Masters Mile at 6:00pm
- Womens Open and Masters Mile at 6:10pm
- Pacers Mile (a Predict-Your-Time Mile) at 6:25pm
- Elite Mile at 6:40pm. The Elite mile is for participants who expect to run sub 6 for men and sub 6:30 for women.
- 10 Mile 2 Person Track Relay. Each participant completes 1 lap and then passes their baton to their partner for the next lap. The distance will be a true 10 miles. The first lap will be 493.4 meters with the next 19 laps 400 meters.
- 10 Mile 2 Person Open RaceWalk. The same 2 person team format at the 10 Mile Relay Run. Note the race walk will be judged.
- 10K Solo Run. Note this is runners only! Also placement is not eligible for the ORRC annual age group awards and this is not part of the ORRC 10K Series.
- Free 400 meters kids run!
The race takes place at Catlin Gable. The lights will be turned on during the track relay allowing a finish under the lights!
Grill Cheese sandwich samples will be provided by the Grilled Cheese Machine food truck.
Online registration closes Monday, July 31st at 11:59PM.
Online pre registration for the 10K and relay per person is $15 for ORRC Members and $20 for Non ORRC Members. The mile is $5 per heat. Day of race registration for the 10K and relay per person is $20 for ORRC Members and $30 for Non ORRC Members. The day of race pricing for the mile is $5 per heat.