Produced by the Dana Point Chamber of Commerce, the Dana Point Turkey Trot is the nation's sixth largest turkey trot in the country. Named one of America's best Thanksgiving Day runs by Fitness Magazine, the Dana Point Turkey Trot has become an Orange County tradition, attracting more than 17,000 participants, including friends and family, in its 5K, 10K, Kids' Gobble Wobble, and two-day health and fitness expo.
This year's Turkey Trot is shaping up to be bigger and better than previous races. The Dana Point Turkey Trot is the premier trot in Southern California and is the perfect place to bring your family to run the race before your stuff your face.
The Dana Point Turkey Trot is a USA Track & Field (USATF) sanctioned and certified event.
Tour the beautiful beach, majestic cliffs and coves of Dana Point. Enjoy pounding surf, rugged cliffs, and cool ocean breezes as you sail through the Dana Point Marina, Doheny State Park and pass the Historic Tallship Pilgrim moored in Dana Point Harbor. From beginners to elite runners, this event is for everyone!
Event details and schedule
All participants will receive a shirt and medal. Chip timing is available for the 10K and both 5K races.
Please note: Due to many requests, we have combined our two 5k races (formally 5K Masters and 5K Open). Both 5k races will be open to all age divisions. The first race will start at 8:30AM and the other one at 9:30AM. Race results will be available after the 9:30AM race.
Please call with questions (949) 496-1555 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday, November 27, 2019
12:ooPM-6:00PM Health & Wellness Expo
12:00PM-7:00PM Packet Pick Up
Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 28, 2019
6:00AM-11:00AM Health & Wellness Expo
6:00AM Registration opens
7:00AM 10K Start
8:30AM 5K Start (Race #1)
9:10AM Costume Contest
9:30AM 5K Start (Race #2)
10:15AM Kids’ Gobble Wobble Start (1 Mile)
Plan to arrive at least 60-90 minutes before your start time!
Please note, the race runs rain or shine.
Here are some suggested parking locations:
- Dana Point Harbor Drive at the Embarcadero
- Along Golden Lantern north of the Dana Marina Plaza
- La Plaza Park and shopping center
- Neighborhoods surrounding the Harbor and the Lantern District
- Along Del Prado or Pacific Coast Highway and walk down Golden Lantern to Dana Point Harbor Drive
- Hourly parking or $15 per vehicle (normal day-use) parking is available at Doheny State Beach
- FREE Shuttle running continuously from Dana Hills High School
- Both sides of Dana Point Harbor Drive will be closed from Golden Lantern and Casitas Place from 12:00am to 1:00pm.
- West bound Dana Point Harbor Drive from PCH to Golden Lantern will be open all day.
- East bound Dana Point Harbor Drive from Golden Lantern to PCH will be closed from 5:00am to 9:00am.
- The Harbor will be closed from 5:00am to 1:00pm.
The Beautiful Dana Point Harbor