Why do we do this run? On May 27, 2011 Lise Marie Palmer and her unborn baby, Faith, went for a run while on a family vacation. They were tragically hit by a car and killed instantly. Lise lived her life for God and her family; parents, Craig & Cathy, husband Ryan and sons Ray and Mac. Lise enjoyed running and living a healthy lifestyle.
We honor Lise's memory by doing this annual run; giving back to others as she always tried to do, all while being physically active outdoors with family and friends. The Macadangdang, Palmers and the I.M.O. Foundation, thank you for your support.
"When you walk, your steps will not be hampered, when you run, you will not stumble."
Application process: (Run recipient application open 1/4/16-4/4/16)
If you, or someone you know, is in need of our help due to a sudden tragedy, illness or unfortunate life circumstance, you may complete an application for consideration to be our next Lise and Faith Memorial Run recipient. We are dedicated to giving 100% of the Lise and Faith Memorial Run proceeds to our recipients. Our recipient must be a resident of Washington State.
We are partnered with the I.M.O. Foundation (In Memory Of), a 501c3 non-profit organization that was developed to assist men, women and children impacted by the burden of a sudden tragedy.
To find the application and more information about our run, please go to:
or our Run Facebook Page: Lise and Faith Memorial Run
Announcement: 2016 Lise and Faith Memorial Run Recipient: Sarah Evans-Golbeck
With this year's 6th annual run we honor Lise and Faith once again, running for another in need of our support. This year's run will mark 5 years since Lise and Faith passed, and will anniversary 5 years of giving back 100% of the run proceeds to our recipients.
The Lise and Faith Memorial Run, the I.M.O. Foundation and friends and family of Lise are happy to announce our 2016 Run Recipient, Sarah Evans-Golbeck!
A little about Sarah: Sarah, a Registered Nurse at MultiCare Tacoma and Auburn General Hospital, wife to Dan and Mom to 4 children; Riley, age 7, twins, Jack and Logan, age 4, and Harper, who will turn 1 on August 12, the day before our Run!
Sarah was 32 weeks pregnant with her 4th child (her first girl!) when she discovered a lump in her right breast. After a trial of antibiotics to rule out masitis her OB orderd an ultrasound when the mass did not improve. It was scheduled for August 12th, 2015 but due to complications related to high blood pressure, Sarah was induced and delivered her daughter on August 12. She went back in for an ultrasound, had a biopsy and on September 2nd Sarah was diagnosed with aggressive Grade 3 invasive Ductal Breast cancer. Less than 2 weeks later Sarah began 20 weeks of intense chemotherapy. In early March Sarah had a Mastectomy. She will be undergoing a complete hysterectomy as she has tested positive for the BRCA gene mutation.
Sarah has a long road ahead of her but she is keeping Strong in her fight against cancer.
Because Sarah was on maternity leave when she was diagnosed, she ended her FMLA after 12 weeks and at this time is unable to return to her position as a Labor & Delivery Nurse, losing her medical insurance in the process. Sarah now has insurance through her husband's new job but without Sarah's paycheck, mounting medical bills that insurance does not pay and other household expenses, they are in need of our help.
We hope you will join us on Saturday, August 13, 2016 and run or walk STRONG for Sarah!
Visit our Facebook page to find current run updates: Lise and Faith Memorial Run
*Update on our 2015 Run Recipients:
Lillie Ann Stewart and Ava Froemke are both doing well and back in school!
*If you have additional questions you may email us at: Liseandfaithmemorialrun@yahoo.com
Past Lise and Faith Run Recipients:
2011 - Lise's husband, Ryan, and son's Ray and Mac
2012 - Audra Brown (a daughter, wife, mother of 3 children and now cancer free!)
2013 - Damonick Kunz (an 8 year old boy who is now cancer free!)
2014 - Cora Cordi, a wife, mother of 2 daughter's that fought the brave fight against cancer. Cora recently died, May 2015, but her memory lives on with each of us that were fortunate to know her kind and loving spirit and her strength. We will continue to honor and remember Cora at each of our future runs.
2015 – Run Recipient, Lillie Ann Stewart of Puyallup, WA. and Ava Froemke of Buckley, WA.
Lillie-Ann, age 7, our 2015 run recipient, was diagnosed on November 24, 2014 with Medulloblastoma (malignant brain tumor). Lillie-Ann has had the tumor removed, relearned how to walk and talk, finished proton therapy and is now completing her chemotherapy treatments. Lillie is doing well!
Ava, age 9, our 2015 Run Tragedy Relief Recipient, daughter of Melissa and Justin Froemke, and the oldest sister to 6 year old twins, Ema & Malia, was diagnosed with a rare form of Kidney Cancer, called WILMS. Oncologists classifed it as Stage III and underwent a rigorous Chemotherapy and Radiation schedule. Ava is now cancer free!
- For current run updates please visit our Facebook page:
Lise and Faith Memorial Run
"We Run Because She Ran!"
Event details and schedule
2016 Theme: Hawaiian Theme
Although this is our 6th annual run, this years run will Anniversary the 5 years since Lise and Faith's passing. We honor them with a Hawaiian theme as Lise so loved the islands and the true meaning of aloha.
We hope you will join us ready to Run or walk while spreading much Aloha to all!
*The first 100 children attending the Free Kid's Fun Run will receive a lei and a participation ribbon.
*ImportantT-Shirt Info: To receive a run t-shirt you will need to register no later than Sunday, July 31, 2016. (no x-small shirt size offered. See registration for option to order a Youth X-Large with size specs included)
Day of Event Schedule: Saturday, August 13, 2016
- 7:00-8:30 AM ~ Pick up t-shirts/Bibs and Registration
- 8:15 AM ~ Pre-run warm-ups
- 8:30 AM ~ Announcements and opening ceremony
- 9:00 AM ~ 10K begins
- 9:05 AM ~ 5K begins
- 9:45 AM ~ 1K Walk begins
- 10:15 AM ~ "Free" Kid's Fun Run begins (ages 13 and under) *All participants will receive a ribbon
- 10:15 AM ~ 5K-10K and 1K Course Closes
- 10:30 AM ~ Award Ceremony
*Early packet pick up will be held on Friday, August 12, 6:30-8:00 PM, at Sunrise Elementary, Puyallup Washington.
*IMPORTANT* T-Shirts: You must register no later than Friday, July 31 to be guaranteed to receive a run t-shirt with your registration.
Awards: Medals will be awarded once all runs are completed, approximately 10:30 AM.
Medals will be awarded for:
- Chip-Timed 5K First Place Female
- Chip-Timed 5K First Place Male
- Person with the 5K overall best time will win a pair of shoes of their choice from South Sound Running, Puyallup, WA.
- Chip-Timed 10K First Place Female
- Chip-Timed 10K First Place Male
- Person with the 10K overall best time will win a pair of shoes of their choice from South Sound Running, Puyallup, WA.
The 5K and 10K are chip-timed by BuDu Racing, LLC.
Race Results will be posted at Buduracing.com
Race Pricing and Registration: Online Registration closes August 12, 10 AM
- 1K ~ $20 through July 9th
- 1K ~ $25 July 10 thru August 12, 10 AM
- 1K ~ $30 at packet pick-up and on race day
- 5K & 10K ~ $30 through July 9th
- 5K & 10K ~ $35 July 10 through August 12, 10 AM
- 5K & 10K ~ $40 at packet pick-up and on race day
Refer someone to our run and if that person registers they will be asked who referred them. (The person who referred them will be automatically entered once into our Raffle with a chance to win one of many Raffle Ticket Gift Certificates or prizes.) *You can buy additional $1 and $5 Raffle tickets at the Puyallup Market each Saturday prior to run date, or at Heritage Park, morning of run.)
*Early packet pick up will be held on Friday, August 12, 6:30-8:00 PM, at Sunrise Elementary, Puyallup Washington.
*FREE Kid's Fun Run!* Fun for the entire family!
Open to all children ages 13 and under!
- Start Time: 10:15 AM
- Run's for each age group
- Fun for the kid's to have their own start and finish line!
- Free Face Painting
- The first 100 children attending will receive a participant ribbon and lei.
Important General Info:
- Each person registered must sign the waiver that is included with registration process.
- Online Registration ends Friday, August 12, 2016, 10 AM, PST.
- While dogs are allowed in the Park, No dogs are allowed on the Lise and Faith Memorial Run run course, (leashed or unleashed). No bikes, roller skates, rollerblades or skateboards allowed on the course. Strollers are welcome.
- Puyallup Farmers Market: Visit the Lise and Faith Memorial Run Booth. You can register in person each Saturday beginning June 4th, (9 AM-2 PM). Check or cash only. Checks must be made out to IMO Foundation, our non-profit partner.
- Registration is available on day of run at Heritage Park. Check or cash only please. All checks must be made out to I.M.O. Foundation (our non-profit). There will be an extra $5 registration charge for day of registration.
We will have two separate raffle ticket drawings for many great prizes during the summer months, through the morning of the run.
- $1.00 donation for each raffle ticket for items valued at $100 or less and
- $5.00 donation for each raffle ticket item valued at $100 or more (includes two weekend getaways! Lake Chelan Lodge & Suites and a weekend or 3 days midweek at a cabin that sleeps 6 in Ashford, WA., near Mt. Rainier National Park, (thank you to Shirley Anderson & family for this generous donation.)
- You need not be present to receive your winnings. Your contact info will be needed to receive your winnings if you do not plan on attending.
- All raffle ticket donations will be given to the run recipients.
- You can pick up one or more Raffle tickets each Saturday at the Puyallup Farmer's Market, Lise and Faith Memorial Run Booth, beginning June 4th, with the exception of June 18th, Meeker Days. Our last market date, Saturday, August 6th.
Silent Auction Items:
This will be our first year to include a silent auction. All items will be displayed and open for silent bidding on the morning of the run, between hours of 7:30-10:00 AM. We will have current item lists at each of our Puyallup market booths. We keep adding to the list through out the summer so be sure to check your bid at the run on August 13th! All proceeds will go to our recipient.
Just to let you know how great the items will be....One of the items will be a signed Russell Wilson Jersey, valued at $699! See picture below.
*Lake Chelan, WA, Weekend Getaway! Your registration automatically enters you into the drawing!
*With your registration your name will be entered into a drawing, giving you a chance to win a weekend getaway for two to Lakeside Lodge and Suites in Chelan, WA. The winner will be announced and awarded on the day of run at Heritage Park Recreation Center
A few important reminders:
- Early packet pick up: Friday, August 12th, 6;30-8:00 PM at Sunrise Elementary, 2323 39th Ave. SE, Puyallup 98374
- Yes, you can still pick up your race packet the morning of run, Saturday, August 13, 7:00-8:30 AM, at the Registration desk. The Registration desk is located to the right of the Park Snack Bar. You will see the run banner and all the activity from the main parking lot on 128th street.
- Parking: We recommend you park in the main park entrance, on 128th street.
- Questions about day of Registration? If you do not do Early packet pick up on the 12th, we recommend you arrive early on run day, August 13th, 7-8:00 AM, to pick up your run packet which will include your Bib and t-shirt. Allow yourself time to purchase raffle tickets as we have many amazing prizes!
- After online registration closes, all races increase $5.
- This year we will have two separate Registration tables, one designated for "Day of Run Registrations" and another for those who registered online and are just picking up their packets.
- Puyallup Food Bank: We will have a Food Bank Table near the Registration desk. We will collect your canned or non-perishable food donation and deliver to the Puyallup Food Bank following the run. We thank you in advance for your donation.
- Kid's Fun Run: Don't forget we have a free Kid's Fun Run, starts at 10:15 AM. Ribbons and prizes for each recipient. Free Face Painting. All for Kid's age 13 and under.
- Course Trail: We will have copies of the run course at our registration desk. If the trail splits, always go right. We will have signs and volunteers throughout the course.
- Two water stations: one at Start/Finish Line (bottled water) and one that sits along side the trail as you come out of the wooded trail area, by soccer fields. Volunteers will be handing out cups of water as you pass by this station.
- Chip Timing: Budu will have times posted on the fence by Start/Finish line. They will post online @ Buduracing.com following the run.
- Once you start your run and cross over the timing mats, do not cross back over until you complete your race.
- Award Ceremony: Medals will be awarded immediately following the Kid's Fun Run.
- Run Course: We will have volunteers throughout the run course that will be holding directional signs. The 5K is one time around the Lise and Faith Memorial Run Course and the 10K is twice around. We will have course maps available at the registration desk.
- Raffle Tickets: Raffle Ticket winners will be announced and posted through out the morning. You need not be present to win (very important to include your name and contact info on back of the raffle ticket)
A huge Thank you to our Sponsors and people who have generously donated their services and items to our raffle:
South Sound Running
Budu Racing LLC
The 12th Tote
Lakeside Lodge & Suites
Cattin's Family Dining