The Cosumnes Crusher will blend three awesome bike riding disciplines into one race – gravel grinding, cyclocross and sweet singletrack in Rancho Murieta.
The race will traverse 38 miles of beautiful historic countryside including sections of the original gravel road route between Sutter’s Fort and Sutter’s Mill and singletrack-repurposed hydraulic mining flumes twisting through oak woodlands and over rolling green hills splashed with spring wildflower color.
Littered throughout the final stage of the race will be cyclocross obstacles including steep hill scampers, riverside sand traps, beer barrel crawls, and wooden hurdles keeping racers’ hearts pinned.
- Race Start and Post Race Party at the Murieta Inn & Spa
- Full lunch and Craft Beer by Murieta Inn & Spa
- Course marking and management by Mark Shaw, Asa Salas-Shoemaker & Frank Shoemaker
- Klean Kanteen Steel Pint Finishers Cup
- Live music by the Cripple Creek Band
- Weekend packages at the Murieta Inn & Spa
The race will feature a 9:00am rolling start on Jackson Highway. The highway will be closed by CHP for a special roll out start! Course map include the first 20 miles of gravel grinding. The final 18 miles inside Rancho Murieta will not be revealed until race day!
The Murieta Inn and Spa
Nestled between the rolling hills of Rancho Murieta and the panoramic Sierra Nevadas is where the brand new, not to mention beautiful, Murieta Inn and Spa can be found. Find yourself in one of our 83 charmingly appointed rooms and suites, accented with rich teals and creamy whites, and discover a new type of Northern California charm and hospitality.
Event details and schedule
- Friday – free bike skills clinic, packet pick-up & Pre Race Dinner
- Saturday – Cosumnes Crusher, Race Party and Kentucky Derby
- Sunday – The Great Scott Bike Event