Additional race information can be found at https://www.carenwareevents.com/.
Write a New Year resolution on the back of your bib and RUN, JOG, or WALK it into the new year. Get in gear for your NEW YEAR.
IT's a beachy, party, New Year's Themed run on paved path watching and listening to the surf. Whether an avid runner, a first-timer, or someone gearing up for parties that night‚ plan to start your New Year's Eve Day with a resolution! Bring family and friends, or just yourself and shoes! This is an Early Celebration to kick off the 2021.
- Coastline course at Bolsa Chica State Beach
- Run In The New Year 5K/10K T-Shirt
- & Special T-shirt for Half Marathon
- Designer CUSTOM CAST finisher medal
- Post race 5K/10K resolution party (Beach balls, 2021 party glasses, and more…)
- Professionally CHIP timed event with age division awards
- Perfect event for the avid runner or first-time 5ker. Kick off 2021 the right way. With a pre New Years Day run and celebration!
- Half Marathon 13.1 miles
Race Start Times
8 a.m. Half Marathon Start
9 a.m. 5K/10k Start
Race Day Location:
The event takes place in LOT 25. That’s the lot right next to the Jack in the Box off of Warner and PCH.
Google Map :Click Here
We will start in waves. Fastest runners in the front, and those looking to place in their age a group division. The half will start early at 8 am but since the race is chip time, your time won't start until you go over the start line mats.
There are “In It To Win It” age categories 3 deep with 5 year age spans: 1-10, 11-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39 40-44, 45-49, 50-54,55-59 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79 and 80 & over.
- Flat and fast, or slow and easy, make it the pace you want it. This 5K/10K course runs along the beach bike path at Bolsa Chica, Huntington Beach State Beach. Families can bring strollers, bikes, and tricycles, but agree to use at own risk. Kids must have pads and helmets and will be lined up in the stroller, bicycle start section.
- Half Marathon Course: Flat, fast, perfect for PRs or training for your next marathon. Two loops of the 10k so full of entertainment and spectator friendly!!Aid Station Every 2 Miles
- Great for first time Half Marathoners.
- Half Marathon Spectators - you can be at the finish line to see runners starts then walk about 50 ft towards the runners to see them go on their second loop.
State Park parking fee is $15.00. Recommend carpool or can drop off. There is also parking behind the Jack and the Box (corner of Warner and PCH ) and an easy walk in.
Early Packet Pick Up: Friday, January 1st, 3 pm to 6 pm
Road Runner Sports:
1835 Newport Blvd,
Costa Mesa 92626
This is optional but we highly recommend you to pick up your bibs at the early packet pick up time and location. You can have your friend pick up your packet. Just print their confirmation and bring with you at packet pick up. This is optional, so if you cannot make it- don't worry. Packets can be pick up on race day starting at 630 am.
Huntington Beach, CA US 92649