Join us for the
Memorial Day 5K/10K
Memorial Day is about remembering the soldiers who died while on Active Duty in the Military. In their memory, we are offering all active and retired military a FREE race (5K or 10K) on May 27.
We start at 7:30 am in Marietta. We have an amazing crowd full of energy. Scenic course, finisher medals, tech shirts, awards for the top 3 overalls, top 3 masters overalls, grand master overall, senior master overall, and all the regular 5 year age groups.
Event details and schedule
Entry Fee & Registration
Super Early Bird...January 16 - February 16
Early Bird...February 17 - March 31
Regular...April 1 - May 26
Virtual 5k /10k ...$30
Military...FREE (Shirt not included)
Virtual Race Option
Can't make it out to the event site on race day?
Still want to participate and have a shot at an award?
or maybe you saw the shirt and said: "Sweet...I want one!"
Then the virtual race is for you.
Here's how it works:
1. Register for the Virtual division & Start Training
2. The week of the event you'll receive your bib via email
3. The day before the race you'll receive instructions & a link to submit your race time
4. Submit your race time by end of race day
5. The day after the race results (Virtual Runner division) will be posted online
6. Monday after the race you'll receive an email with a link to the results & any pictures.
7. Monday after the race we'll package up all the T-shirts, medals, and Keepsake Bibs; and put them in the mail.
Awards, Goodies, & Festival
Finisher awards medals
- All finishers receive a finisher award medal
Awards in both races as follows:
- Top 3 Overall Male & Female (based on gun time)
- Top 3 Overall Masters (40+) (based on gun time)
- Overall Grand Master (50+) (based on gun time)
- Overall Sr. Master (60+) (based on gun time)
- Top 3 in each age group (10 & under - 75+) (based on chip time)
- All regular participants registered by 5/19 are guaranteed one of a number of great optional race shirt (child sizes may be cotton).
- Technical Moisture Wicking
- Racer Back Tanks
- Women's cuts available!
All aid stations will have water & energy drink. the 5K will have 2 stops, and the 10K will have 5 stops
Course & Timing
Both the 10K & 5K start and finish in the Parking Lot of LA Fitness on the corner of Sandy Plains & E. Piedmont. Both routes are an out and back, and will be run entirely on E. Piedmont Rd. See event web site for a course map.
Both the 5K & 10K will have a chip timed start & finish.
Championship & Turkey Trot
- All participants will automatically qualify for FREE entry into the Five Star Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot.
- Top finishers will also have the opportunity to earn a spot in the Championships Event to be held in January 2020. The number of spots available is based on the total registration...see event website for details.
Event Courtesy & Refund Policy
Our events are designed to be fun and for the entire family. With that in mind any competitor, spectator, parent, volunteer, or sponsor, exhibiting unsportsmanlike conduct or interfering with the positive, competitive atmosphere of the event will be asked to leave the venue and course immediately with no refunds.
All registrations are final...we're sorry, but there are no refunds, deferrals, or transfers.
May 19 11:59 PM EDT - Deadline for Guaranteed shirt & size
May 27 6:30 AM EDT - Packet pickup & race day registration
May 27 7:30 AM EDT - Races Start