***DATE HAS BEEN CHANGED DUE TO WEATHER. NEW DATE IS SUNDAY, JUNE 2ND***
Hey friends! It's that time again for the 5k color run. "Joggin' for your Noggin" is a fun run so you can run, jog, walk, crawl, or dance your whole way down the road. There are no timers or anyone keeping track of how long it takes you to come across that finish line! :)
For those of you who are hearing about this event for the first time, I wanted to let y'all know why I do this. In July of 2015 I was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor. Because of where my tumor was located, they were not sure if I would have any use of my left leg or even the left side of my body. Since my diagnosis, I've had surgery, radiation, and chemo and I'm happy to say that I'm in remission. With the help of physical therapy, I still have full use of my left leg and so the simple act of walking is very important to me. I thought this would be a fun way to show support of such a terrible disease and get people active.
This year we are raising money for a sweet family from Henderson who needs our love and support. Mark Wilson is fighting his second battle with brain cancer so I guess you could say we're going to be "Joggin' for Mark's Noggin!"
Things to know:
- Pre-register by May 3, 2019, cost is $25/person and you will be guaranteed a t-shirt, a pair of sunglasses, and your own packet of color powder.
- Race fee will go up to $30 the day of the race and we will have a limited amount of tshirts available. (So make sure you pre-register!)
- This 5k is just for fun and there will be no timers or winners.
- There will be no charge for children (ages 1-12 years old), but you can purchase a shirt for them for $10!
- Check-in will be located in front of the Brewer Cabin (across the street from the restaurant).
- Please feel free to post/message any questions that you have.
- Kristen Jones
Special thanks to my workplace (Chickasaw State Park) for allowing me to host this event there. I love my park!