The Mammoth Half Marathon is a 13.1-mile race that celebrates the beauty and uniqueness of Mammoth Lakes, while raising money to support our communities! (For 5K Individual Info, please visit 5K)
Half Marathon Perks include:
- FREE Bib Personalization: Enter your name or inspirational message when you register, up to 8 characters (available until June 1st)
- Collectible Mammoth-themed Finisher’s Medal
- Bonus Medal: “San Diego-Mammoth Challenge” Medal (qualify by completing the San Diego Half Marathon in March and the Mammoth Half Marathon in the same calendar year)
- Official Mammoth Half Marathon Long-sleeved Technical Running Shirt
- Official Mammoth Half Marathon Gear Bag
- Water & electrolyte drink beginning at Mile 2, throughout the course
- Total Winners’ Prize Purse: $5,000 (for details, see “Awards & Prizes” below)
- FREE Shuttle to the Half Marathon Start from all partner hotels and from downtown Mammoth Lakes. For a complete list of participating hotels, please visit Travel & Hotels
- Note to groups/families with both Half Marathon & 5K participants: There are 2 hotels – the Sierra Nevada Lodge & the Mammoth Creek Inn – that are walking distance to the 5K Start & the shared Finish Line on Old Mammoth Road
- For even more Perk details, visit Registration Perks & More! or “Like” us on Facebook to see them as they are announced!
- Sport, Health & Fitness Expo featuring race packet pick-up for all participants. Your race packet will include your bib, shirt and gear bag.
$95 – beginning 02.08.15
$109 – beginning 5.03.15, online registration ends 6.13.15
$150 – at expo on 6.20.15 (if not sold out)
Capacity: The Mammoth Half Marathon is limited to 1,500 participants.
*Note: Special reduced rates are available for 2015 San Diego Half Marathon participants. Please visit Take the Challenge for details.
Saturday June 20, 2015 – Expo Day
Plan your packet pickup anytime during our Sport, Health & Fitness Expo at the beautiful Village Lodge. The Expo is FREE & open to the public.
Sunday, June 21, 2015 – Race Day!
6:00am: Shuttles begin to the Half Marathon Start from all partner hotels. Arrive early – last shuttle departs at approx. 6:30am. Check your bag, stretch those muscles, and get pumped up by the music to start the race with good vibes!
7:30am: Half Marathon Start (Wave 1, subsequent waves to follow, ~2 mins apart) at Horseshoe Lake
7:30am – 12:00pm: Finish into the downtown Celebrate Mammoth Block Party! Invite your friends and family, the block party is FREE & open to the public.
All registrations must be completed online. The Mammoth Half Marathon accepts multiple runner registrations in a single transaction. However, each runner must be present during the registration process to acknowledge and sign the electronic rules and waiver.
Your race packet will include your race number, timing chip, safety pins, technical t-shirt and any final instructions for race day. We will be implementing the latest timing chip technology, or “B-tag”, that will be pre-attached to your race number (bib).
Race packets must be picked up in person at the Sport, Health & Fitness Expo on Saturday, June 20, 2015. Be prepared to show your photo ID to claim your race packet. Race numbers are non-transferable* & irreplaceable if lost, and entry fees are nonrefundable* (see below for only exceptions).
If you cannot pick up your race packet, you may have a friend or family member pick it up for you (they will need to present a copy of your photo ID). You will need to fill out the waiver ahead of time and have your friend/family member bring it with them when they pick up your packet.
B-Tag Note and Instructions: B-tag timing chips are disposable, embedded in your bib, and do not need to be returned after the race. “B-tags” will not need to be separated from your race number for any reason. Your timing chip is activated once you cross the starting line.
All entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable with the following exceptions only:
Active duty military members who are unable to participate because they are unexpectedly deployed may choose to either defer their entry to the following year’s race or receive a refund. Email your request with a copy of your orders firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Half Marathon has a time limit of 4 hours (average pace of 18:00 minutes per mile). For your convenience, transport vehicles will be used to get you to the event finish in the event you are not able to complete the race as planned, or you can complete the course on sidewalks as a pedestrian.
New Runners’ Etiquette tip: Always be prepared to move to the right hand side of the course to allow other participants to pass, if needed.
Every half marathon participant will receive a high-quality, technical fabric finisher’s shirt. Shirts can be picked up at the Sport, Health & Fitness Expo along with your race packet.
Bag / Gear Check:
Gear bag check is an easy way for us to store items for you (like extra clothing) while you are out on the course. Your race packet, available at our expo, will contain everything you need! To check your gear, place your items in the gear bag and use the enclosed zip tie to attach the gear check label to your bag. Please do not use gear check for valuables such as your car keys, cell phone, or jewelry, as we cannot be responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged items.
FREE Bib Personalization:
To include your name or inspirational message pre-printed on your bib, be sure to specify what you would like to print, up to 8 characters in length (see personalization sample below from our inaugural San Diego race). Please note: this option is available for a limited time only, as you must be registered by June 1st.
Awards & Prizes:
Every Mammoth Half Marathon participant will receive a finisher’s medal after completing the race, regardless of finish time.
At 11:30am on race day, Half Marathon official race results will be posted near the Finish Line. If you are an Overall or Age group winner, “Congratulations!”; please pick-up your award in the VIP area at Rafters Restaurant. Half Marathon Overall & Age Group Awards will include:
- Top 5 Overall, Male & Female Winners – with Total Prize Purse of: $5,000(1st place $1,200, 2nd place $600, 3rd place $350, 4th place $200, 5th place $150). Each winner’s check will be processed & mailed within 2 weeks.
- Top 3 Masters (age 40 & above) Overall, Male & Female Winners.
- Age Group Winners – Top 3 Male & Female Winners in the following age groups:
13 & under, 14-18, 19-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, and 80+.
*Please note that all age group awards will be based on net chip time and all overall awards will be based on gun time.
For details on training for high altitude & downhill running, please visit: Training, Tips & Clubs
Driving and Parking
Check our Travel & Hotels page for more details.