Join us for the 5th annual running of the Frederick Summer Solstice 8k (Frederick County's Original Twilight Race), presented by the Frederick Steeplechasers Running Club.
The summer solstice typically heralds the beginning of summer in the Northern Hemisphere. Summer can't begin without racing the Summer Solstice 8K in Walkersville, MD on June 20.
Sign up individually, or for even more fun, put together a team of your friends, family or co-workers:
New Course Since 2019!
We have a new course in Walkersville, MD! See https://www.frederickss8k.com/ for more details.
- Minimum team size is three
- Team types are Open Coed and Masters Coed (all members must be 40 or older)
- First team member to register creates the team name, and other team members specify the team name during registration
- Team score will be the sum of the net times of the three fastest team members with at least one man and and at least one woman.
- If a team has fewer than three scoring finishers, the team will be disqualified.
Net proceeds will be donated to the Frederick chapter of Blessings in a Backpack. The local chapter works in partnership with the national Blessings in a Backpack organization to provide weekend food to children who depend on the federal Free And Reduce-Price Meal program as their primary source of nutrition.
Brought to you by the Frederick Steeplechasers Running Club.
For more information, visit www.frederickss8k.com.
Participants who finish with a net time greater than 1 hour and 15 minutes may not be listed in the final results. Furthermore, participants should maintain a sub 15:00-minute per mile pace, otherwise they will need to continue the race on the sidewalk, if available. Runners who feel they cannot maintain a 15-minute per mile pace (sub 1 hour and 15 minutes for 8 km) should not register for this race.