The 4th Annual RunTough for Team Tommy is a family-friendly 5K and 1M Fun Run/Walk with two ways to participate:
1. GRAND RAPIDS RunTough for Team Tommy
Join the Ruddy Family on Sat., Sept. 26th in Allendale, MI for 5k and 1 mile options -- both run or walk are available for all ages!
2. VIRTUAL RunTough for Team Tommy
You choose the date, the time, and the location for your run or walk!
All proceeds will go to The ChadTough Foundation, whose mission is to fund research and raise awareness for pediatric brain cancer with an emphasis on Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma (DIPG).
Did you know?
- Cancer is the number one disease killer of children in America
- Brain tumors are the leading cause of cancer-related death in children
- DIPG is the leading cause of death from brain tumors in children
- ONLY roughly 4% of the taxpayer-funded National Cancer Institute’s (NCI) annual budget is directed toward pediatric cancer (not brain cancer but ALL pediatric cancer).
- Friday, September 28th:
- 5:30-7:30 pm - Race Packet Pick-Up in the BACK of the greenhouse @ Countryside Greenhouse 9050 Lake Michigan Drive Allendale, MI 49401
- Saturday, September 29th:
- 7:30 am – Registration & Race Packet Pick-Up
- 8:30 am – Opening Ceremony
- 9:00 am – 1M Fun Run/Walk begins
- 9:30 am – 5K Run begins
- 11:00 am – End of activities
Please note this is an off road, grass track. All terrain strollers and wheelchairs will be acceptable for the course. Pets are welcomed.
Sign-up today! All participants registered by September 6th are guaranteed a race shirt and a finishing award. Awards will be given for the 5K top male and female racers overall.
To learn more about the ChadTough Foundation, its inspiration, Chad Carr, and Team Tommy, an official ChadTough Partner Family, go to www.chadtough.org.