October 20th stands out as a date which may be of particular interest to paranormal enthusiasts as it happens to be National Sasquatch Awareness Day. The concept was first proposed back in 2009 by way of a Change.org petition, presumably meant to mark the anniversary of the filming of the iconic Patterson-Gimlin Bigfoot film on October 20th, 1967. Although the idea initially received middling support online, it has since slowly grown over time, not unlike the legend of Bigfoot itself. Now we are hosting our first National Sasquatch Awareness Day 1M 5K 10K 13.1 26.2 and when you participate you will get this awesome Bigfoot medal made of WOOD!
Plus, at least 15% of each registration will be donated to The National Park Foundation. Their over 400 national parks preserve 85 million acres of the world’s most treasured landscapes, ecosystems, and historical sites. Our donation will help the National Park Foundation protect these treasured landscapes for generations to come.
- Races can be completed anytime in October 2022!
- 1 mile, 5k, 10k, 13.1, and 26.2 virtual races are available — you choose which distance you want to complete
- Great for all ages
- A percentage of race registration fees will be donated to The National Park Foundation
- You’ll receive a medal upon completion of your event!
- Official Sasquatch gear is available here for a limited time only
- Registration Fee: $18 (includes a medal, bib, and donation to charity)
- Medals and bibs will begin shipping out mid-September 2022
* Don’t forget that if you sign up for our main 2022 event, PLUTO: King of the Kuiper Belt – Running and Walking Challenge, you will be given a discount code that will allow you to save 25% on ALL EVENTS throughout 2022 (which makes races less then $14)! The code starts at the start of 2022 and doesn’t expire until December 31, 2022! So be sure to sign up for PLUTO now and get your discount code now! SIGN UP HERE!