This early season triathlon features a stunning course within the metro area, easily accessible from Minneapolis/St Paul and its suburbs. A barbecue follows the race making this the first triathlon party of the season. This race is the first in a three race triathlon series. This is a great first timer race with a non intimidating swim start: athletes self seed according to ability and are put into the water one at a time with a 3-5 second break between athletes. Nice short bike course to check how your winter training went followed by a beautiful paved trail run through the gorgeous park.
Event details and schedule
- 6:30 am - Transition area opens for race participants
- 6:30 am - Bike support will be on hand
- 6:30 am - Race day registration begins
- 7:00 am - Race announcements begin
- 7:30 am - 6:30 am - Park and parking lots open
- Race day registration and packet pick-up closes - no more cars allowed into the park
- 7:30 am - Transition area closes
- 7:45 am - Final course updates (Start line)
- 8:00 am - Race starts
- 10:00 am- Bike course closes
- 10:30 am - Barbecue
- 11:15 am - Run course closesAdditional information regarding packet pick upi and course updates will be provided via email the Monday of the race. Parking is free within the park.