The Santa Cruz Sunrise Rotary Celebration & Inclusive Bike Ride is an all inclusive, all ages, family friendly event for everyone of all abilities. To celebrate our community we are inviting everyone to join in the fun, food and entertainment, and to participate in an adapted bike ride around the San Lorenzo River. You can even create your own fundraiser and raise funds for a local non-profit. All proceeds raised at this event go to local organizations serving youth and those with special needs in our community.
Where: The event will take place at the Tannery Arts Center with rides/walks along the San Lorenzo River levee.
What: The event will feature family friendly fun activities, food, entertainment, a raffle and live and silent auction. However, this is most of all an inclusive event to get all who want to ride a bike to come out and enjoy the beauty of the outdoors along the San Lorenzo River. We will have adaptive bikes for people of all abilities for all to enjoy a ride or walk along the San Lorenzo River. We will have OT's, PT's and volunteers on-hand to assist adapted riders with transfers and riding.
When: September 28, 2019. Activities and adapted riding from 11:00-1:00 and the party celebrating the finish of the Sunrise Rotary 3-Day Ride from from 1:00 - 3:00 PM
Cost: Registration is free! A selection of fabulous food and drink will be available for purchase.
- In addition to the bike rides around the San Lorenzo, we will have family friendly activities throughout the day. At 1:00 PM we will welcome our 3-day riders back from Healdsburg and will start the finish line party with food, music a silent and live auction, and raffle.
- Pre- or onsite registration for the party and biking events is required. There is no charge for registration. Food and drinks will be available for purchase. 100% of the fundraising ride proceeds go to local youth charities and organizations supporting those with special needs.
- The ride around the river will be well supported with refreshment stations, first aid and information booths along the route
- For adapted riders we will have physical and occupational therapists available to help with transfers, fitting and other general needs
- Volunteers will be available along the river walk for any assistance required
- Parking is available at the Tannery Arts Center with easy access to the river walk
For those registering for the Adapted Bike Ride, in order to give us time to plan for equipment needs we ask that you contact Karen Gosling (KarenGosling.Rotary@gmail.com) no later than September 21st so that we can guarantee the best possible experience.