Stride for Sight 5K is a unique event for all ages and abilities, with blind and sighted runners competing together. The event will help fund the comprehensive programs at the Foundation for Blind Children. This event will feature a timed 5k and a relaxed 1-mile walk held in Scottsdale, with a unique twist known as “The Blindfold Challenge” where you can compete blindfolded with a team member of your choosing as a sighted guide.
Blindfold Challenge: For those looking for adventure, the Blindfold Challenge is an opportunity to compete in the 5k run blindfolded with a sighted guide. Running blindfolded takes competition to a whole new level and is sure to be a life changing experience! Create a 2-person team and compete blindfolded using one another as a sighted guide. Run the entire route blindfolded or run it as the sighted guide, or trade roles halfway through to get a taste of the challenges for each position. Each Teammate must register separately. Blindfolds and tethers will be provided.
What You Get!
- Custom Event Medal
- Custom Event Dri-Fit Tech T-Shirt
- Age Group Awards for Top Three in all Age Groups (5K participants only)
- Pre- and Post-Race "Runner's Brunch" (granola bars, fruit, water, Gatorade, etc)
- Real Time Results and Photos on our Website or Mobile App (on Apple and Google)
- Event managed by StartLine Racing. Club SLR discounts do not apply.
Event details and schedule
Race Day Information
We welcome wheelchairs, strollers & wagons.
No roller blades, skateboards or motorized devices are allowed on the run or walk courses.
Race day registration will be available beginning at 7:00am at OdySea in the Desert.
We accept cash, check and credit cards on race day.
Please note that shirt sizes are not guaranteed for those who register on race day.
- Race day fees will be $40