The VDAY25K is a mission to honor our Veterans, Past & Present. In all, with a show of force that uniquely mirrors the warrior culture of our Service Men & Women.
You will be placed within a team of like-minded patriots & veterans, moms, dads, brothers, sisters…Friends all becoming one-mission-focused-TEAM.
The VDAY25K is a 14 mile”ish” team hike, led by a Ruck to Remember Team Leader, we will begin our Mission with a “Warrior Salute” as we start in front of Walter Reed National Military Medical Center. From there we will traverse at a 2.5 to 3.5 MPH pace – down toward Washington DC, by way of the Chesapeake & Ohio (C&O) Canal tow path. The Team(s) will move into DC, then Arlington VA, passing by Arlington National Cemetery, moving over Memorial Bridge and down into the National War Memorials, for our Final Salute to those who have Served – Ending the VDAY25K with a slow march through each War Memorial before ending on the National Mall.
Along the way, Team members will be encouraged to share/listen to “Stories of Courage.” Simply, inspiring acts of our Veterans that will make you laugh or sometimes even cry.
Note: After we complete our mission, participants can easily metro/taxi back to the starting point and of course, there will be a happy hour / VDAY toast (Location TBD).
Packing list/Gear and other Mission relevant information can be found at www.rucktoremember.org
Event details and schedule
- The Mission (day) schedule
- The Warrior Salute & Mission Step-Off, will begin promptly at 0730 on 11.09
- Course info:
- Street Surfaces & Dirt Trails, minimal inclines/declines.
- Arrival info
- You should plan to arrive a day prior (Nov 8th) to attend Mission Check-In and the Social Meet & Great. This is where you will obtain your Mission shirt (to be word the next day on mission). For those not arriving on the 8th – there will be an early mission check between 0600-0700. All participants must be fully checked in by 0700 on Nov 9 (Mission day).
- Parking info
- There is ample public / garage parking in and around the Team Hotel and Starting point.
- Waivers and ID
- You must have your USG issued ID on you at the starting point. Your team leader will take your ID (for accountability purposes) and it will be provided to you upon completion.
- For Q&A on What to wear, bring, food, etc, please visit www.rucktoremember.org.