The 43rd Santa’s Run will look different, but it’s a real in-person event. One of the few in CT. A great family event with a festive holiday spirit!
The race will be held Sunday, December 6 (Snow date, December 13). There will be a rolling start, each wave 5 minutes apart beginning at 11:00 a.m. Select the wave time you wish to start when you register.
Registration begins October 27 at 8:00 a.m. on line only. Due to State guidelines, only 500 runners may participate. The entry fee is $20 per person. For registration and all things Santa’s Run, visit us at www.glastonbury-ct.gov/santasrun
Due to COVID-19, there will be a few changes. Please make sure you review the website prior to registering. In a quick highlight, some of the changes include the following:
- There will be no day of race registration. Pre-race packet pick up will be available at soundRunner on Friday, December 4th between 2:00-6:00 p.m. or Saturday, December 5th between 1:00-3:00 p.m.
- No strollers or pets are permitted.
- No access to the school building – portable restrooms outside only.
- Runners must wear a face covering at the start and until such time that they can maintain 6 feet between runners
- Runners must remain in their vehicles until 5 minutes prior to their start time.
- Upon completion of the race, runners should return to their vehicles. Results will be posted on-line and award winners will be notified.
- Concessions and t-shirt sales will not be available
- Only one spectator per runner is permitted.
The popular costume Division will continue, but with a new twist! Come dressed in your wildest holiday costume and have a chance to win prizes. Costume photos must be e-mailed to email@example.com no later than Friday, December 11th. Judging will take place the following week and winners will be notified.
Look forward to computerized disposable chip timing by The Last Mile Racing, LLC. Each runner will receive a traditional ornament courtesy of our sponsor, Quality Name Plate.
The State of Connecticut has developed a rolling 7-day average to consider current infection rate and trends in the community. If cases in Hartford County get too high, or we are seeing significant upward trending, Santa’s Run may be canceled/postponed. In the event of cancelation, FULL refunds will be issued. In the event of postponement, registered runners will have the option to cancel for a FULL refund or transfer their registration to the new date. No refunds will be issued if the event is planned/held as scheduled.