The Half Marathon is a challenging and hilly course covering the expanse on Harpers Ferry National Historical Park and the Civil War era towns connecting them. Expansive views of the Shenandoah and Potomac Rivers, a loop through Harpers Ferry National Historical Park School House Ridge South, Murphy Farm, Lower Town Harpers Ferry, John Brown's Fort, Bolivar, Storer College, and the homes taking you back to the 1860's . Our 5K event is a mix of trail and includes a loop of the School House Ridge South portion of the Harpers Ferry National Park. And our Kids Event will be on site at River Riders and School House Ridge South.
Event details and schedule
Friday, May 15
- 4-8pm- Packet Pick Up at Clarion Inn Harpers Ferry-Charles Town Conference Center
- ****Shoe Recycling Station at Packet Pickup****
Saturday, May 16 - Race Day
- 6-7:30 am –Late Packet Pickup and Race Day Registration
- 8 am- Half Marathon Start
- 8:45 am- 5K Start
- 9- 10:45am Kid’s Run Registration at River Riders
- 11am Start of Kid's Fun Run
****Shoe Recycling Station at the Start/Finish Area****
Post Race Events
- 9:30-12:00 Cheer Runners, Watch Kids Fun Run
- Beer garden and music. All runners of legal age get free beer while supply lasts or alternate beverage.
- Rest of Weekend- stay, explore Harpers Ferry, Charles Town, Ranson, and Shepherdstown West Virginia