What is a virtual 5k?
A virtual race is a race that can be run (or walked) from any location you choose. You can run, jog, or walk on the road, on a trail, on the treadmill, at the gym or on the track (or even at another race). You get to run your race, at your own pace, and time it yourself
The holidays are quickly approaching, and many of us will get together with our families to share meals and celebrate one another's presence. Unfortunately, some won't have this opportunity to share a nice warm meal with their family members for various reasons. Join us as we run to raise funds for those who are less fortunate than ourselves! We will do this by donating a percentage of the proceeds to a certified charitable organization.
Race registration instructions
- There are two different 5k race events you can participate in:
- If you are not local and wish to participate or you would rather do a virtual 5k please sign up for our "Virtual 5K" event
- If you are local and wish to run with the Hurricane Aces please sign up for the "5K Run" event
- The "5K Run," will take place at Larry and Penny Thompson Park as noted in the location
What your registration gets you?
- A special event T-shirt
- A special edition 5k challenge coin
- Items will be shipped to registrants 5 - 6 weeks after the event conclusion date
- However, registrants that attend the "5K Run" event will receive their items at the event
- Select the Detachment Group you are associated with.
- If your detachment does not have an existing group to join, then create it by inputting the group name as follows:
Det # Ex: Det 155.
- Click the more tab
- Select Strava
- Follow the instructions provided and create an account
- Download the Strava app
- Before you begin your run, start the Srtava app and run to have your run and time recorded