Get ready to unleash the Beast! 10 miles, 30 obstacles, 1 goal: the credo of the Barber Beast on the Bay, a one-of-a-kind obstacle course race that combines natural and manmade obstacles with a location voted tops in Pennsylvania!
The eighth annual Barber Beast on the Bay is set for Saturday, September 12, 2020, at Presque Isle State Park (USA Today’s ‘Best Pennsylvania Attraction’) in Erie, PA. Participants will take on 10 miles of sand, water, and trails – it’s the nature of the Beast! Be ready to run, jump, climb and crawl across more than 30 obstacles on the shores of Lake Erie.
While you tackle your challenges during the Beast, you’ll also be helping the children and adults with autism, intellectual disabilities and behavioral health challenges at the Barber National Institute who take on their own obstacles on a daily basis, as the event supports the non-profit and its 6,300 individuals.
A one-mile adapted course will also be offered for those ages 12+ with physical or intellectual disabilities at Waldameer, a theme park in Erie, PA next to Presque Isle State Park. The 10 Mile Course and Adapted Course come together for the final two obstacles and all participants cross the finish line together!
Event details and schedule
2020 Barber Beast on the Bay - 9/12/2020
10 Mile Obstacle Course
220 Peninsula Drive
Erie, PA 16505
- Elite Wave for the intense 10 Mile Obstacle Course competitors who want to win! 8:30 a.m. ONLY
- Timed Waves for 10 Mile Obstacle Course participants who want to know a time to beat next year! 8:45 a.m. or 9:00 a.m. waves ONLY
- Non Timed Waves for 10 Mile Obstacle Course participants who want to have fun! 9:15 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- Join a Team to conquer this tough course together for any of the waves!
- Fundraise to get a free Barber Beast on the Bay registration and help a great cause! Sign up to fundraise for the Barber National Institute when you register for the 2020 Barber Beast on the Bay.
Participants must be 16 years of age by 9/12/2020 to register.
Participants must be registered by August 1, 2020 to be guaranteed a finisher shirt. If a participant registers after this date, we cannot guarantee a finisher shirt. Please choose your size carefully; shirt sizes cannot be exchanged once selected.
We cannot offer refunds under any circumstances; participants can transfer their registration until 8/31/20. If a registrant cannot participate or transfer their registration, their fee is considered a charitable donation to the Barber Foundation.