Join us for the historic 29th Annual Salmon Run returning to the Deschutes River Trail on April 9th, 2017. One of the first Northwest half marathons of the year, it has long been central to the local racing scene. Traversing beautiful dirt and paved trails along the Deschutes River, the race winds through some of the most scenic trail in town and attracts some 400-500 racers every year. Have a "Little Fry" that would like to join in on the fun? Ages 3-10 can participate in dashes that meet their ability; free with a registered adult. Post race celebration includes local food, beverages and awards. BYO Swag Bag to collect your goodies from our sponsors as a tribute to our beneficiary The Environmental Center.
Event details and schedule
- Half Marathon, 10k & 5k are a mixed of trails and paved paths. All races will start at the Armory in Bend’s Old Mill District and travel along the river as the salmon do.
Packet Pick Up: Saturday, April 8th, 2017
- Location: Birkenstock Store (downtown Bend: 836 NW Wall St, Bend, OR 97701)
- Time: 11am-3pm
- Bring your own bag to packet pick-up to promote a Little to No Waste event
Race Day: Sunday, April 9th, 2017
- 8:00 am: Late packet pick-up at the start/finish area (registration will conclude 15 minutes prior to each distance start)
- 9:00 am: Half Marathon Start (Overall & Masters awards at 11:30 am)
- 9:15 am: 10K Start (Overall & Masters awards at 10:45 am)
- 9:30 am: 5K Start (Overall & Masters awards at 10:15 am )
- Little Fry Run (Kids Ages 3-10 y.o.) Part of Kids Rock the Races series
- 1st, 2nd, & 3rd Overall and Masters for Males and Females will receive a special award
- 1st, 2nd, & 3rd for each age groups will earn a ribbon
Post Race Goodies
- Delicious post race food
- Delicious, beer to reward those of age, once you cross the finish line!
- Each finisher will receive a seed packet