Race to Remember is a Military non profit found in Vancouver WA in 2009 by Claudia Cardenas after losing her fiance Jason Vinyard a 20year Army Veteran stationed in Fort Vancouver WA at the time of his passing.
"Race to Remember" is not just the name of a race but also the name of our military nonprofit which has the intended purpose of ensuring our communities Never Forget the sacrifice(s) that our brave men and women of the military and their families make every day to continue to protect our Freedom. In addition to participating in race events throughout the nation, Race to Remember organize four races a year: Race to Remember - Memorial Day Race; Race to Remember - Independance Day; Race to Remember - United We Stand for 9/11 and Race to Remember - Veterans Day Race.
In addition to racing, we organize and participate in other events that honor and support our Veterans with Military care package drives, Honor Flight flag escorts, Honor the Fallen events, Veteran moving assistance, as well as providing opportunities for our local youth to better understand the true meaning behind the Veteran and Memorial Day Holidays. Our ultimate goal is to build partnerships with other organizations in our communities and throughout the nation to help honor and support our past, present and future Military Veterans. Our long term goal is to establishment of a scholarship program for the children and spouses of the Fallen Soldiers.
Event details and schedule
Day of Race Packet Pickup and STARTLINE
Starting at 8:30am
1501 Officers Row, Vancouver, WA 98663
4 Events – 5K / 11K /Kids 1K/Half Marathon/ Virtual Race
Race Schedule4 Events –11K | 5K | Hero Mile | Virtual Race
MONDAY / 11.09.19 – EVENT DATE/RACE
• 8:30 am – Registration Opens (5TH and Ft Vancouver Way)
• 11:00 am – 5K & 11K Race Starts (2.5hr Max)
• 11:25 am – First Finisher (Approx.)
• 12:00-12:30 – Little Heroes 1K (Starts 5th and Ft Vancouver
• 12:30 -1:00 -pm – Awards - Raffle and Closing Ceremonies
E 5th St and Fort Vancouver Way
• 11K (6.8Miles) - https://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/edit/2727182212/
• 5K (3.1 miles) – https://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/edit/2727206230/
• 1k - Little Heroes - www.plotaroute.com/route/508916