The AARC Couch to Runner program is designed for individuals who want to get into running or back into running and need a little extra guidance. No experience is required to join the program and all abilities are welcome. The program’s goal is to help walkers and runners complete a 5k.
Spring 6-week Program – Starts VIRTUALLY Monday 3/23/20. TBD Burns Park Run 5k on Sunday 5/3/20. Official in-person start up date TBD.
Cost: $53 for the 6-week program.
- Weekly virtual communication via email and FB to keep you motivated during COVID-19.
- 2 weekly organized group runs.
- A coach for each pace group (walkers, walkers/runners, and runners) to help you along the way.
- Discount into goal 5k.
- Training plan based on your ability.
Training Days: Mondays & Thursdays. Saturdays (optional)
- 6pm on Mondays at Ann Arbor Running Co. Eisenhower (901 W Eisenhower Pkwy, Ann Arbor, MI 48103)
- 6pm on Thursdays at Ann Arbor Running Co. Kerrytown (200 N Fourth, Ann Arbor, MI 48104)
- 7am on Saturdays at Ann Arbor Running Co. Kerrytown (200 N Fourth, Ann Arbor, MI 48104)
Pace Groups: We know that not everyone coming into the program will be at the same level. We will split the program up into 3 groups. Each group will have a coach to help them complete the workout.
- Walkers: This group is for people who are not working out at all and looking to start a healthy lifestyle.
- Walkers/Runners: This group is for people who have been doing some kind of fitness activity other than running a few times a week.
- Runners: This group is for people that have done some running in the past but maybe are looking to get back into running after a long time off.