Join the Richmond Road Runners Club's Advanced 10K (ADV10K) Training to achieve that sub-60 minutes personal record at the Ukrop's Monument Avenue 10K on Saturday March 28, 2020.
ADV10K Training starts Saturday, January 18!
The ADV10K training program is designed for runners who plan to run the Monument Avenue 10K in under 60 minutes. Ideally, you should have finished a 10K road race in 60 minutes or less in the past three years. The program is designed to improve your conditioning, your speed, and the technical aspects of your running. It is based on the training program developed by Greg McMillan, author of the book YOU (ONLY FASTER) and coach of Olympic and national age-group runners.
The ADV10K Complete Training is an 10-week program with four key aspects:
- Weekly 6 to 8.5 miles runs in goal-based groups on the streets of Richmond (Saturday mornings, start at 8:00 AM at RRRC Club House)
- Weekly track sessions in goal-based groups (Tuesday evenings, 6:00-7:00 PM at Sports Backers Stadium) - 8 weeks starting January 28
- Two coaches who work with each goal-based group to help you realize your training goals
- Time for coffee, breakfast foods, and pre- and post-run socializing before/after the Saturday run
Your ADV10K Training package also includes:
- Training plan and course routes (details will be in your welcome email)
- Free entry in the RRRC Sweetheart 8K on February 16 (check your confirmation email for the code)
- Optional seminars after some Saturday runs and at off-site locations/times (details will be in your welcome email)
- ADV10K shirt (register by February 2 to guarantee that you get a shirt)