The Trail Challenge deadline is looming and for whatever reason you missed an event. No worries, you have one last chance to check off an event.
How this works
On race day, you will sign in and declare the distance event you are going for. Start your Garmin (or whatever you use) and go run. When you are done, you will show us your Garmin and sign out. While you are welcome to start your run whenever you wish, running with friends is more fun, so we will have some group start times.
- You must sign in and declare your distance before running.
- You must sign out and show evidence of the distance you ran.
- You must use trails within Little Bennett Regional Park only. This is a trail event, please keep asphalt connector road use to a minimum.
- If you are running in the dark, you must (a) use a headlamp, and (b) have a running buddy.
- Your run must start before 5PM Saturday.
- Your run must end by 6AM Sunday.
- Trail running distances are always a bit "ish", but to get credit for an event you'll need to either hit the distance or go a bit over for it to count.
- Individuals going for 50mi, 100k, or 100 mi, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about completing your distances.
Group Start Times:
- 6:00 AM
- 7:30 AM
- 9:00 AM
- 2:30 PM
Trail Challenge Events:
For more information on the Trail Challenge go here. But as a quick review of events:
- 15k or 10 miles (or 2 loops of Rick's)
- 25k or half marathon (or 3 loops of Rick's)
- 50k or full marathon (5-6 loops of Rick's)
- 50 miles
- 100k or 100 miles
- Volunteer to crew a friend, or man a full-service aid station
- Volunteer to do trail maintenance, or help at a race manning a water stop or helping the race director in some other capacity such as registration or course marshal
The course is whatever you want it to be. We'll have route suggestions for various distances if you are unfamiliar with the park.
$0 But sorry folks, per our permit restrictions, you must be a member of the Steeplechasers.
You can join the club at the same time you register here. If you think you are a paid member of the club and you can't register for free, please check the spelling of the name you used to join the club, using https://steeplechasers.org/membership/registered-members/. The system checks for a matching birth date, so please check your RunSignUp profile. If this still doesn't offer the discount check with email@example.com to make sure your birth date is set correctly for the club.
Food and Drinks
This is a true fat ass. Bring what you need to get through your run and something to share.
Any announcements about possible cancellations due to weather will be made on the Frederick Steeplechasers Facebook Group. If race day, or weather in the days prior makes the trails too mucky, we'll need to cancel so we don't damage the trails.
Little Bennett Regional Park - Prescott Entrance. NOTE: The address given is for the Little Bennett Golf Course, which will get you close, but not quite there. Drive past the golf course, and keep going. You'll end up in the field with a porta john you need to park in.
Strollers and Pets
Ummm, yeah......maybe it's not obvious, but this course isn't stroller friendly. We also need you to leave your pets at home. Lots of dogs and leashes and single-track trails and people who aren't accustomed to running with dogs generally doesn't work out so well.
We need volunteers to make this event happen. You will also be able to run during the hours you are not volunteering. Register to Volunteer