This will be a USAT Sanctioned Triathlon, Duathlon, Aqua-thlon, & Aquabike!
The Solana Beach Triathlon, Duathlon & Aquabike invites you to an epic day living the active lifestyle!
This fantastic event is made even more special by its idyllic location…Fletcher Cove at Solana Beach. Iconic Southern California at its best. The surf-entry ocean swim is supported by lifeguards and swim buddies. The bike and run courses cruise down the world famous Pacific Coast Highway. Finally, a tunnel of high-fives awaits you at the finish line - a gauntlet of excitement. This is a sprint triathlon/duathlon/aquabike that will be remembered.
- Chip Timing (5 splits)
- Technical T-Shirt
- Continental Breakfast
- Beer Garden
- Live Band
- Online Results
- Finisher Medal
- Awards 3 Deep for Triathlon & Duathlon
- Points for San Diego Triathlon Series
- Race Photos Available Online
Benefitting Challenged Athletes Foundation: Operation Rebound!
VIP Option - Your Race day just got easier!
As a VIP for the Solana Beach Triathlon you will been given
1. A preferred-position assigned Rack Space with your name on it for your Bike in the Transition area
2. No need to come to the Friday or Saturday packet pick up! On Sunday enjoy a special VIP Packet Pick up area. Sunday Pick-up is from 5:45 am-6:45 am. You will then continue on to the transition zone to be body marked.
3. We will have your package with your bib number, timing chip, swim cap and requested race shirt waiting for you. (No late packet pick up fees for VIP!)
VIP Entries must be received by July 19th. Sorry NO EXCEPTIONS!
The VIP Option is just $30
Sprint Triathlon (14yrs & older): 1/4 mile swim - 9 mile bike - 3 mile run
Note: There is also a relay category for the Sprint Triathlon distance only (no SDTS points awarded)
Sprint Duathlon (13yrs & older): 1 mile run - 9 mile bike - 3 mile run
Sprint Aquabike (14yrs & older): 1/4 mile swim - 9 mile bike (Your finish time is at the transition area after completing the bike portion, then head over to the finish line to return your timing chip and join the party!)
Sprint Aqua-thlon (14yrs & older) 1/4 mile swin & 3 mile run
The age minimum for events that include swim portions is 14 years old because this is an ocean swim!
All distances award points for the San Diego Triathlon Series!
Benefiting Challenged Athletes Foundation: Operation Rebound
Event details and schedule
Solana Beach Race Information
Pre-Race Check In & Packet Pick Ups (Must attend one)
Date: Friday, July 24th
- All athletes must attend ONE pre-race check-in to pick up their race materials (FRI or SAT). All relay members must be present to receive the packet, or we will split up the relay packet for each participant.
- It is mandatory for all athletes to bring their ID to the pre-race check in. We will not give any athlete their bib number without an ID.
- You must sign waiver(s) to get race materials.
- You will also be required to show proof of USAT annual membership or purchase a one day membership (if you haven't already purchased a one day with us through registration).
- Friends and family members will NOT be allowed to pick up for an athlete. Sorry NO EXCEPTIONS. These events are USAT sanctioned and USAT doesn't allow anyone besides the participant to pick up race materials.
- Athletes who don't attend FRI OR SAT (and have not selected the VIP Option) will be required to pay a $10 late fee on race morning in order to pick up race materials.
Sunday, July 26th - Race Day
5:00 am - Parking Lot Opens
5:45 am - Transition area opens / Late Check-In Starts / Body Marking Begins
6:40 am - Final Instructions at Swim Start - Transition Area Closed/ Late packet pick up closed!
6:45 am - Duathlon Starts
6:50 am - Swim Start
9:45 am - Transition reopens to retrieve your bike (Approximate Times)
10:15 am - Awards presentations (approximate times)
10:45 am - Transition area closes/ ALL BIKES MUST BE REMOVED
Triathlon & Duathlon
Age Divisions (M/F):
Special Divisions for Sprint Triathlon Only:
Relay Teams: 2 or 3 person teams
for Sprint Triathlon only
Wetsuits- Purchase a wetsuit from our official wetsuit sponsor, XTERRA WETSUITS! Special San Diego Triathlon Series discount! Wetsuits 60% off! Check them out HERE!
Use code: R-KOZ at Checkout.
Bikes & Bike Rentals
Bike rentals are available from our official bike shop sponsor Pulse Endurance Sports at the following location!
1020 - A2 Tierra Del Rey
Chula Vista, CA 91910
Disclaimer & Refund Policy
The race course and timeline can be changed at the discretion of the race organization. All distances are approximate by GPS measurements.The race can be altered, postponed or cancelled with no refunds due to weather, natural disturbances, police activity, acts of terrorism and threats of terrorism.
Due to the number of race transfer requests and cancellations that occur in the weeks prior to a race we have the following policy that is in accordance with USAT Policy. Refunds will NOT be issued after a registration has taken place. Considerable effort goes into producing an event and funds are expended and applied in good faith based on a registration. If you would like to change your registration from one distance to another, you will be charged for the difference in price at the time of the change.