DOWN AND DIRTY (DAD) MOUNTAIN BIKE RACE and ADVENTURE CHALLENGE
Calling all riders! The DOWN AND DIRTY mountain bike race challenges you to mountainside adventure and glory. Bike from 6,950 feet to 8,200 feet in several loops and battle through multiple stations and challenges along the way that will test your prowess in a variety of physical and mental skills (and have some fun along the way). Earn stamps in your "passport to glory" by completing all the stations; then race for the finish!
Event details and schedule
WHEN: Saturday, August 10, 2020
TIME: 9am (mandatory pre-race meeting) | 9:30am race
WHERE: Race will begin and end at Visitor’s Center, Sugarite Canyon State Park, just outside Raton, New Mexico
The DAD is an engaging ride over ever changing terrain with breaks for challenge/event stations along the way.
- The race starts and finishes at the Visitor’s Center of Sugarite Canyon State Park, 5 miles north of Raton, New Mexico.
- Starting altitude is just under 7000 feet.
- Distance: Approximately 15+ miles
- Challenges may be mental or physical. You may get wet or dirty. Most challenges will NOT be on a bike.
- The challenges will not be revealed until the mandatory pre-race meeting.
- The challenges do not need to be accomplished in any particular order, but must all be completed in order to finish the race.
- All the equipment for the challenges will be provided unless otherwise specified.
- Teams are allowed to strategize and divide up the challenges and route in any order as long as transitions are made within a transition area. Any restrictions and clarifications will be made at the mandatory pre-race meeting.
- All competitors will start and finish the race at the Visitor Center.
- Finishing the race requires that a solo competitor or team has completed all the challenge course elements along with biking the entire race route.