About the Race
The Palm Springs Heroes in Recovery 6K is a unique run/walk presented by Foundations Recovery Network and Michael’s House. Foundations Recovery Network’s mission is to be the leader in evidence-based, integrated treatment for co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders through clinical services, education and research. The Heroes in Recovery movement started because, according to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), 20 million people needed substance abuse treatment last year and did not receive it. About 10 million Americans did not receive needed mental healthcare. The stigma associated with substance abuse and mental healthdisorders creates a significant barrier to individuals and families seeking help. It takes a heroic effort to live clean and sober each day, and Heroes celebrates that effort. The sixth kilometer separates a Heroes 6K race from a typical 5K to symbolize the extra effort it takes to sustain recovery. The six kilometers also represent the six letters in the word HEROES. These races inspire communities to support recovery, and they also encourage people to live healthy, active lifestyles.
Event details and schedule
Download Printable Registration (postmark by January 20, 2017)
Pricing Schedule: (Online registration closes Thurs February 2 @ 5pm, please visit the schedule tab for walk up registration locations)
- Early Registration: $25 (through November 27, 2016)
- Registration: $30 (through January 1, 2017)
- Late Registration: $35 (through February 3, 2017)
- Race Day Registration: $40 (February 4, 2017)
- Individual (Virtual Runner): $25 (Registration closes Thurs, Feb 2 @ 5pm)
- If you can’t join us in Palm Springs for the sixth annual Heroes in Recovery 6K, run or walk six kilometers virtually! Send us your picture of participation and/or watch/gps results of your 6K experience wherever you are and we will send you your finishers medal and commemorative race tech shirt within 2 weeks following the completion of the Palm Springs Heroes 6K! Please send emails to heroes6K@frnmail.com and include your preferred mailing address and which 6K location you’ve signed up to virtually run.
*We are unable to provide refunds or transfers to another participate, but we can change your registration to a virtual runner (no difference in cost will be refunded for change)
You may only qualify to win in one category and must be present to receive your award.
*NEW* TEAM AWARDS!!!!
Create a team of 4 or more and be entered to win top team placement! The top 4 teams will be determined by the top 4 finishers that cross the line from your team!! Download your 8 week training plan and prepare!!
Overall Male and Female Winners
First Place – $150
Second Place – $130
Third Place – $120
“Almost Podium” Fourth Place – $100
*If you are 40+ years old and are the fourth overall person to cross the finish line – you will be placed as the Overall “Almost Podium” Fourth Place winner.
Overall Masters Male and Female Winners
First Place – $100
Second Place – $75
Third Place – $50
“Almost Podium” Fourth Place – $25
Other award categories – Age Group Awards Male/Female:
10 and under, 11-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85+
Each Participant will receive:
- A Finisher's Medal upon crossing the Finish Line!
- Tech Shirt (Women's/Men's Specific)
- Post Race Nutrition
BE A VOLUNTEER
Interested in helping out at the Heroes 6K Run/Walk in Palm Springs, CA? Volunteers have the option to run the race, too! Each volunteer will receive a Heroes volunteer shirt at check-in.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
ONLINE REGISTRATION CLOSES ON Thursday, February 2, 2017 AT 5PM, PLEASE VISIT US AT THE BELOW LOCATIONS TO REGISTER.
Pre-Packet Pick Up/Walk Up Registration (Cash/Check Only Please)
Date: Friday, February 3, 2017
Location: Running Wild | 611 S Palm Canyon Dr #10, Palm Springs, CA 92264
Time: 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Race Day Registration/Packet Pick Up (Cash/Check Only Please)
Date: Saturday, June 4, 2016
Location: The Corridor/Michael's House | 515 N Palm Canyon Dr, Palm Springs
Walk Up Registration Time: 6:30 AM – 7:45 AM
Race Start Time: 8 AM
Award Ceremony: 9:15 AM
6K (Actually it's 6.3K!) course through the beautiful neighborhood streets of Palm Springs.