Join us for the 32nd annual Salmon Run which returns to the Deschutes River Trail in Bend, Oregon on April 5th, 2020. Distances include the half marathon, 10k, and 5k races as well as the "Little Fry" run for kids of all ages. Taking place in the spring, the Salmon Run is one of the first half marathons of the season making it the essential tip-off to the local racing scene in Central Oregon. Traversing beautiful dirt and paved trails along the Deschutes River, the race course winds through some of the most scenic natural areas in Bend. Celebrate the beauty and strength of the salmon in the Pacific Northwest who make the long arduous journey along iconic waterways every year. Have a "Little Fry" that would like to join in on the fun? Ages 3-10 can participate for free with a registered adult! Post race celebration includes amazing food, beverages and awards. BYO Swag Bag to collect your goodies from our sponsors.
Event details and schedule
- Half Marathon, 10k & 5k are a mix of trails and paved paths. All races will start at the Athletic Club of Bend and travel along the scenic Deschutes River.
Packet Pick Up: Saturday, April 4th, 2020
- Location: Birkenstock Store (downtown Bend: 836 NW Wall St, Bend, OR 97703)
- Time: 11am-3pm
- Bring your own bag to packet pick-up to support a no-waste event.
Race Day: Sunday, April 5th, 2020
- 8:00 am: Late packet pick-up at the start/finish area (registration will conclude 15 minutes prior to each distance start)
- 9:00 am: Half Marathon Start (Overall & Masters awards at 11:30 am)
- 9:15 am: 10K Start (Overall & Masters awards at 10:45 am)
- 9:30 am: 5K Start (Overall & Masters awards at 10:15 am )
- Noon: Little Fry Run (Kids Ages 3-10) Part of Kids Rock the Races series
- 1st, 2nd, & 3rd Overall and Masters for males and females will receive a special award
- 1st, 2nd, & 3rd for each age group will earn a ribbon
Post Race Goodies
- Delicious post race food and beverages.
- Delicious beer for racers 21+
- All finishers receive a commemerative medal!